Which Nokia phone?

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
One last thing, does anyone know of any reason why phones running only 512MB of RAM would not get any future updates such as 8.1? Are the differences in RAM limited to multi-tasking etc, not to the OS itself?
Where did you learn this? I believe that there is not going to be a ram limitation on 8.1, but I'm pretty sure 512 MBs won't receive WP 9 even 1GBs are in danger about WP 9

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Where did you learn this? I believe that there is not going to be a ram limitation on 8.1, but I'm pretty sure 512 MBs won't receive WP 9 even 1GBs are in danger about WP 9

We can't say what will happen after WP8.1 cause we don't know. Everything would speculation. All phones have a life span but what will drive the upgrade cycle will be based more on hardware than software. At this point in time all WP8 phones will get WP8.1. It would be very stupid of them to limit the update on their first OS update to only 1Gig phones considering the 520 is their best selling phone. You would **** off a lot of people and WP would die a fairly quick death afterwards by the amount of people abandoning it never to trust MS again.

NorthantsPete

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
by then youll be on a lumia 3000. who cares

Currently the only limitation is load into memory by apps - ie. burst cam is 10 frames for 1gb and 7 for 512 - no biggy.

rianash

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I see that you're considering 620. I have one and love it. Plus, it is quite unbreakable. I dropped it to the floor from hip height for about three times (with two of which having the shell detached from the phone). It still run fine and no observable dent on its surface. I think a detachable shell acts like a shock absorber.. :D

I sometimes envy my wife's 720 bigger screen. And its 6MP camera (vs 620 5MP) seems to capture more details, at least to my eyes. But it's not as unbreakable as 620. She dropped it once, and there is now a very annoying dent on one edge of the shell. I guess the shell is very thin. Consider buying the cover if you pick 720.

In any case, I'm sure you will love any Nokia WP8.

NicUK

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
by then youll be on a lumia 3000. who cares

Currently the only limitation is load into memory by apps - ie. burst cam is 10 frames for 1gb and 7 for 512 - no biggy.

That answers that one, I thought as much but wanted to ask the question. Looks like it's the 620 for me then (for now).

Thanks all.

cjenniti

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Tricky one, my wife was just about to get a 620 as she likes the size and prefers Nokia, then they come out with the 625 and she does not want a phone that big, she didn't want the 520/525.
So will Nokia realise their error with the 625? Is it still worth buying a 620 as we are not bothered about ram or lack of 4g but want front rear camera and screen size or is their a small WP Nokia around the corner worth waiting for that is low'ish cost ?160
Thanks

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Tricky one, my wife was just about to get a 620 as she likes the size and prefers Nokia, then they come out with the 625 and she does not want a phone that big, she didn't want the 520/525.
So will Nokia realise their error with the 625? Is it still worth buying a 620 as we are not bothered about ram or lack of 4g but want front rear camera and screen size or is their a small WP Nokia around the corner worth waiting for that is low'ish cost ?160
Thanks
Considering the trend of perpetually enlarging phones, you'll miss a boat if you don't buy the Lumia 620.
There are simply too many trade-ofs with the 520, and, as you said, the 625 is too large. Fingers crossed for a smaller flagship.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99