Windows Phone Amber Update Question

Joseph Pua

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, for another post about the amber update, but I couldn't find the answer in the forums.

What is the aspect of the phone that determines when your phone receives an update?
The Manufacturer? The Label ID? The Current Firmware Revision Number?

I ask this because I do not know where my Lumia 820 came from because I did not buy it from a Nokia store; and I would like to know when I would be able to get the update.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Siddharth Setia

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, for another post about the amber update, but I couldn't find the answer in the forums.

What is the aspect of the phone that determines when your phone receives an update?
The Manufacturer? The Label ID? The Current Firmware Revision Number?

I ask this because I do not know where my Lumia 820 came from because I did not buy it from a Nokia store; and I would like to know when I would be able to get the update.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just go to Settings>Extras + Info.
You'll get the info about where it was manufactured, what's the config id, label id, etc.

Then head over to: Software update for Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Nokia
and check according to your region.

Joseph Pua

May 3, 2013
Visit site
According to the manufacturer info on my phone, it's supposed to be from Hong Kong. However, it was already released in Hong Kong a few weeks ago and I still haven't received the update... also I checked my current firmware and it doesn't correspond with the one from Hong Kong despite the manufacturer ID.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss