Which WinPhone 8?

Skinshifter

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Greetings

I'm about to buy a WinPhone but I can't decide which one. I want to buy the best device that suits my 500USD savings, so far. I kinda look for efficiency, fluency and smooth software experience.

I'll appreciate your suggestions based on your experiences.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Your list of requirements don't help much. All the WP devices are smooth, consistent, and efficient. With a budget of ~$500, you can certainly do better than the Lumia 520 being that it's only got 512mb ram, and is missing things like the front camera and rear camera LED flash.
Laura Knotek asked a very important question. What carrier are you currently on (and since you're figuring on non-contract pricing correct?), or which carrier offers the best service in your area. We can't help narrow things down until you can respond to those questions first. Then it'll be a bit of back/forth about which specific features you are looking for, and which ones you are willing to do without, until we find you the best phone for you, on the best carrier for you :)

Skinshifter

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Here, Comcel Claro is the carrier I'm currently on, but yes, I'm asking based on a factory unlock phone. I asked about efficency and smooth software experience because I've heard some issues with other brand devices than heard on Nokia, for example, the Samsung Ativ S. I'm looking for good internet experience, messaging and some games, that's more like it.

languedoctor

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Some games are Nokia exclusives (in the US, not sure about elsewhere). The HTC 8x and Samsung Ativ S are fine devices, but if you want access to as many games as possible, you might want to stick with Nokia 920/925.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Some games are Nokia exclusives (in the US, not sure about elsewhere). The HTC 8x and Samsung Ativ S are fine devices, but if you want access to as many games as possible, you might want to stick with Nokia 920/925.

Nokia exclusives are world wide as far as i know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs