01-09-2015 04:28 AM
240 12345 ...
tools
    Have you always been able to select custom tones as an alarm?
    Yes. I always have More Than a Feeling by Boston to wake me up for work.
    berty6294 and diavol like this.
    10-16-2013 08:17 AM
    Does anyone know if GDR3 will support .wav files?
    wav files are always supported. It was some compressions used inside wav files are not originally supported (mostly used by voice mails). But that has been addressed by GDR2 update.
    10-16-2013 08:33 AM
    When I am wirelessly charging, the phone sometimes stops and starts charging and I get the charging tone all night long every so often. This just started with Update 3. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, when in driving mode, my calendar appointments that usually show are gone and the date and time shift to the bottom of the lock screen. Small bug, but thought I would throw that out there.
    10-16-2013 09:41 AM
    Does anybody know if GDR3 fixes the intermittent bug where the store icon would stop notifying you of app updates? I've been suffering of that lately. I'm installing GDR3 as we speak and will report back with my observations after a few days.

Well I've just had my store tile showing an update notification for the first time in a few weeks.
    It didn't seem to work on the Amber update but now the day after GDR3 it showed an update for Nokia Cinemagraph that was updated five days ago so I'm hoping it's fixed.

Sent from a Windows Phone!
    10-16-2013 12:34 PM
    Does anyone know if doing the dev preview update violates the TOS of Bell? I just don't want to ruin the fact that I can have my unit replaced or worked on if I update this way.
    10-16-2013 01:53 PM
    Does anyone know if doing the dev preview update violates the TOS of Bell? I just don't want to ruin the fact that I can have my unit replaced or worked on if I update this way.
    Doubtful, this is a Microsoft OTA release. I had my 920 replaced for a hardware failure while it was running the "hacked" GDR2 on AT&T.
    EchoOne30 likes this.
    10-16-2013 02:49 PM
    I'm sure in their terms it is a technical violation... but i don't think they'll care or even look for it.
    EchoOne30 likes this.
    10-16-2013 02:52 PM
    I'm sure in their terms it is a technical violation... but i don't think they'll care or even look for it.
    All they did when I brought my 920 in for a failed microphone was lecture me that I should have gotten an iPhone. I didn't mention I've seen microphones and speakers fail on iPhones too. Then they handed my a new 920.

They wipe the phones once they get them anyway.
    10-16-2013 03:07 PM
    All they did when I brought my 920 in for a failed microphone was lecture me that I should have gotten an iPhone. I didn't mention I've seen microphones and speakers fail on iPhones too. Then they handed my a new 920.

Haha exactly what i mean!
    10-16-2013 03:11 PM

maybe I'll just wait for official ota update . Don't want to brick my phone im with att
    10-16-2013 03:24 PM
    I know the extra column of tiles might not be coming for devices like the Lumia 520, but I made this on Photoshop to see how it'd look like on my phone. I personally think it looks pretty great. What'dyou guys think?

sam_1777.jpg
    10-16-2013 06:33 PM
    What'dyou guys think?

I think it'd look great...
    Nathan Duarte and mick1971 like this.
    10-17-2013 02:16 AM
    When I am wirelessly charging, the phone sometimes stops and starts charging and I get the charging tone all night long every so often. This just started with Update 3. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, when in driving mode, my calendar appointments that usually show are gone and the date and time shift to the bottom of the lock screen. Small bug, but thought I would throw that out there.
    Yes, I also have the wireless charging issue as well, but mine started right after I received"GDR2+Amber" from ATT on my 920. Its very annoying and basically useless for me right now, constantly disconnecting then reconnecting every few seconds, and it has nothing to do with the phone being placed on the charger incorrectly, as well as the Nokia brand case being taken off. Before GDR2, I could half *** lay it down on the charger with said case and never had an issue with it charging. Now that is just the start of the many more bugs that GDR3 has brought since I downloaded..... A few examples are - Using the Nokia Play To dlna app to stream music and videos to my Win8 Laptop via Wmplayer, if the screen turns off (mine is set to 3min) or I hit start button to read a text, then right before next song is to play, it will disconnect from Wmplayer. Never had this problem until GDR3. Inserting an auxiliary cable or headphones into the headphone port really makes the phone go bat**** crazy, hard to explain, but the volume gets stuck at zero with the drop down music controls just appearing, even if I haven't started a song, and it will not go away. It also makes the capacitive buttons useless at this time along with some other **** that shouldn't happen and is the first I've seen happen on Windows Phone. Another bug I've noticed is in Xbox music, or at least trying to navigate inside the music app. Once opened and tapping anything within the music app causes a few seconds of delay and alot of times it will not launch or react to my taps, thus making me tap multiple times, and from there, im pretty sure you know what can happen when doing that. I've restarted phone, soft reset, and uninstall some apps hoping one might be a bit wonky, but going on into day 3 with GDR3, I wish I would have just waited til official release with Nokia's Firmware as well as some driver updates.
    10-17-2013 08:07 AM
    Took the plunge last night and when I woke up GDR3 behold! Nothing fancy as many have spilled the beans out already but I found that when you go to Photos and go to Picture of Me and other Albums the loading is fast! Just like it did on WP7.5. There surely was performance improvement I cannot measure but I felt it. Now unleash bittersweet shimmer!
    deku13 likes this.
    10-17-2013 09:33 AM
    I'm so sad that these extra columns are not coming to phones with 768p display :( I was so looking forward to it for my lumia 920 since I have so many tiles on my start screen
    Nathan Duarte likes this.
    10-17-2013 01:19 PM
    Is it just me or does the editing cursor appear more quickly when you hold your finger down? It always seemed a touch sluggish but now seems ok. Maybe I just got used to it tho :)
    10-17-2013 01:44 PM
    So I read on the main page that the Bing weather app has been update. Instead of going to the store, I opened the app to check the weather before updating. a few second later, a message pops up saying that an update is available for the app. Cool stuff in this update!! Screenshot attached

wp_ss_20131017_0001.jpg
    bryanstevecl likes this.
    10-17-2013 06:39 PM
    I was expecting to be able to attach PDFs to emails (not sharing via SkyDrive). This was listed as a confirmed feature. Anyone know if it was removed?
    10-17-2013 09:21 PM
    I have gdr3 developer preview on my Lumia 620, and i have noticed a new bug fix,, in my music player earlier while i scrolled to the songs section from the artists and albums page, the list took a while to show up. But after this update i have noticed that this issue has been resolved, now the song list shows up instantly,, and also i have noticed that the sound quality have also been improved a little in this new update..
    10-17-2013 11:36 PM
    I was expecting to be able to attach PDFs to emails (not sharing via SkyDrive). This was listed as a confirmed feature. Anyone know if it was removed?
    It was not a confirmed feature. WPC had mentioned it in the unofficial list of features, but the official Windows Phone blog post didn't say anything about it. It doesn't mean that it won't be included at a later date. Fingers crossed!
    10-17-2013 11:45 PM
    Is the gdr3 going to show the percentage of the battery in corner where is the battery icon?
    10-17-2013 11:56 PM
    Is the gdr3 going to show the percentage of the battery in corner where is the battery icon?
    i think it's for windows 8.1 "blue"
    10-18-2013 12:15 AM
    8.1 Blue is the next update for the Windows Phone right?
    10-18-2013 12:57 AM
    Can we attach pdf files in mail after gdr3??? Anyone did that???
    10-18-2013 05:41 AM
    Can we attach pdf files in mail after gdr3??? Anyone did that???
    you can do it without gdr3 by using either of these apps:
    try using the Mail Plus app.
    Or you can use the pro version of pdf reader to send files by emil and bluetooth. more details below. the pro version of the app by pompolutz is published by Ocius. this is the link:
    PDF Reader Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    10-18-2013 07:41 AM
240 12345 ...