GDR3 (Update 3) Features & Information

brucexli

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi All

The features and information that GDR3 bringing to Windows Phone 8:

• 1080p Screen Support (1920*1280 resolution)
  • Snapdragon 800 Support
  • Quad Core CPU Support
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • Driving Mode
  • Multitasking There an "X" to Close Apps
  • Screen Rotation Lock
  • Custom sounds for text, voice mail, e-mail, and reminders
  • First time set up of the phone or Factory Reset you can sign into WIFI
  • Support for new Qualcomm chipsets
  • Extra column for live tiles
  • Advance setting in Bluetooth
Features and Information related to Bittersweet Shimmer:

• Notifications On Glance Screen
  • Be able to change the color for night mode in Glance Screen

Expected release is for a late October or beginning of November.

All devices with Windows Phone 8 will get GDR3.

Developers Preview Available For More Details Click Link Below:

Download the Preview for Developers and get GDR3 right now | Windows Phone Central

Check Out The Forum Section for Windows Phone GDR3 Preview:

Windows Phone GDR3 Preview - Windows Phone Central Forums

*email app can now open .eml files! Big thing for my work.!

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

The features and information that GDR3 bringing to Windows Phone 8:

• 1080p Screen Support (1920*1280 resolution)
  • Snapdragon 800 Support
  • Quad Core CPU Support
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • Driving Mode
  • Multitasking There an "X" to Close Apps
  • Screen Rotation Lock
  • Custom sounds for text, voice mail, e-mail, and reminders
  • First time set up of the phone or Factory Reset you can sign into WIFI
  • Support for new Qualcomm chipsets
  • Extra column for live tiles
  • Advance setting in Bluetooth
Features and Information related to Bittersweet Shimmer:

• Notifications On Glance Screen
  • Be able to change the color for night mode in Glance Screen

Expected release is for a late October or beginning of November.

All devices with Windows Phone 8 will get GDR3.

Developers Preview Available For More Details Click Link Below:

Download the Preview for Developers and get GDR3 right now | Windows Phone Central

Check Out The Forum Section for Windows Phone GDR3 Preview:

Windows Phone GDR3 Preview - Windows Phone Central Forums

I'm getting confused between Amber and bitter sweet shimmer, didn't glance screen and double tap to wake come with Amber ?

michaelreid722

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is a new feature considering the OS has so many hidden gems, but I searched for a business on Bing, tapped the number to call, and now on my recent call list it actually displays the business name rather than the number, even though it is not saved in my contacts. Kind of cool, imo!

andy21andy

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm upset. My storage check (on Lumia 1020) suddenly increased. My "media and files" storage increased to 6.6 GB consumption (this is the data on that circle). And on details the"other" storage increased from 2.5gb to 6.3 GB. I deleted all my apps to see if it was those, erased my history on internet, and Bing, erased all my text messages, erased my emails, I also restarted my phone, With no success. I'm running the gdr3 preview and was wondering if that was the problem. Do any other gdr3 previewers have this same problem? I've been searching the forums for this specific problem and found no answers. Thanks for the help in advance! Much love

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Your media and files got bigger so you deleted apps?

Erm, the media and files bit is to do with media and files. Maybe you should delete some media, or some files. That might help.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm upset. My storage check (on Lumia 1020) suddenly increased. My "media and files" storage increased to 6.6 GB consumption (this is the data on that circle). And on details the"other" storage increased from 2.5gb to 6.3 GB. I deleted all my apps to see if it was those, erased my history on internet, and Bing, erased all my text messages, erased my emails, I also restarted my phone, With no success. I'm running the gdr3 preview and was wondering if that was the problem. Do any other gdr3 previewers have this same problem? I've been searching the forums for this specific problem and found no answers. Thanks for the help in advance! Much love
me too! On gdr3 Lumia 920 10 GB of other storage the try to divert our eye away from the storage check location by having us look at the phone storage area! You won't see the other storage there only on storage check area on lumias and I have alot of other!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Take a look at your media folder. I had a couple of situations where out of nowhere an mp3 size would increase upto 2GB+ (could be coz of xbox sync). I had to delete the mp3 and reimport it to fix.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if this is German-only, but you now can choose to automatically jump back to the letter keyboard after typing a smiley. It's a small change but speeds up typing a lot :D
the option to notify for new updates is gone, I think it's just not de-activatable anymore and everyone gets notified.. And what's most important to me, the app opening animation is a tiny bit faster. I generally felt my phone was faster, and after comparing it to another 820, I'm pretty sure it's only the app opening animation.. but it's definitely a good change!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs