GDR3 (Update 3) Features & Information

Deask Brofizz

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: GDR3 Features & Information

Because of the GDR3 update, My HTC 8X has a problem with it's Wi-Fi connection, it can't connect to my home network...instead, it will just find any other Wi-Fi networks around my neighborhood. I nevre had any Wi-Fi problem with my HTC 8X at the GDR2 update...

Please Let me Know if anyone is experiencing the same problem...
It's really confusing.

Thanks.

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

If you have GDR3 in your Lumia 920 so think that this is developer preview i have also when the officially launch from MS then you could get the all of those features.

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

if you have gdr3 and you could not get 3 colums thats mean you have a developer preview and till yet could not MS launch official gdr3 for any Lumia. after 1520 launching that you could expect that for official GDR3.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
GDR3 for htc8s is here :D

I installed it (8.0.10512.142) on my 8s yesterday, but now I have two problems:
- wifi stays connected all the time, no matter if Stay connected after display timeout is unchecked in Wifi Settings
- big battery drain (10%/hour). ussualy i am about 0.5-2%/hour idle

EDIT: finally wifi disconnects when display turned off, but battery drain issue still occurs. :/
EDIT2: problem with Imap syncing. It gets stucked in syncing, but never synchronize. Then it drains the battery. Not sure if problem is with the phone or my webmail.

Last edited:

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

So I got GDR3 on my Verizon HTC8X and eagerly went to the new phone storage page in settings hoping it would let me deal with my 2GB or so of "other". Well it's very nice but it doesn't answer the question. The bar says 12.09 GB used, 2.47 GB free. That leaves 1.44 GB unaccounted for. I know I can't expect to get a full 16.0 GB, there's got to be some overhead for the file system, but a gig and a half??

It seems like there's still an "other" category but they just hide it now...

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
How come I cannot select all Photos in camera roll? I'm using Lumia 620 with GDR3. I go to photos... camera roll.. tap on select (round icon thing)... all photos are highlighted but not selected... if I tap on the "..." the select all, save to skydrive, save to SD card and save to phone is disabled. what gives? any one has the same thing? this does not happen though when I go to another folder say screenshots. only camera roll folder has this weird thing of not having to select all. Is this a bug or something?

Robrad

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
No news on when Nokia will start rolling out GDR3 for the Lumias? (I'd rather not void my warranty by installing the preview but it sure is tempting!).

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice after downloading the Developer Preview that the "fix" for temporary storage doesn't work?? It took a small amount of memory off my 620 but absolutely nothing on my 925!!

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
No news on when Nokia will start rolling out GDR3 for the Lumias? (I'd rather not void my warranty by installing the preview but it sure is tempting!).

do it it's definitely worth it, just being able to close apps from the multitasking screen is brilliant;)

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice after downloading the Developer Preview that the "fix" for temporary storage doesn't work?? It took a small amount of memory off my 620 but absolutely nothing on my 925!!

It's not even a background task in the real update like it says it is. After I leave the settings app or sleep my phone it cancels the process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs