GDR3 (Update 3) Features & Information

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: GDR3 Features & Information

GDR3 is not the same thing as WP 8.1. GDR3 is a small update a bit like a feature pack or just a small OS update. WP 8.1 is due to give us substantial new features and is due to come out at the beginning of next year!

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

GDR3 is not the same thing as WP 8.1. GDR3 is a small update a bit like a feature pack or just a small OS update. WP 8.1 is due to give us substantial new features and is due to come out at the beginning of next year!

Thank you for the clarification. Any way this update also includes separate volume controls?

Also has anybody else noticed on the screenshots how there are separate icons for Word, PowerPoint, etc?

marcusasdrubal

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

I can't attach files on e-mail (my live account on app hotmail). I can only attach photos, where are the docs and etc?

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

I hope that Lumia 920 has 6 columns start screen..is there anybody has an exact information about this?
I have gdr3 on lumia 920, no 6 columns start screen but i heard that might come with the bittersweet update from nokia

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

GDR3 MS too slow to send updates because there is no any full review video of GDR3 nothing any detailed fully what are they doing apple is copying WP8 so please make some great updates which can use every one and every one like it because there is no any other home screen and no phoro rename, detail, place location option and videos if i have 50 videos so there is no any one option to go to direct last videos its mean z series or any one in the middle. video sharing option to bt and others themes??? just that colors not enough plz add some colors and it is better idea to pick theme colors from snapshopts and pictures from taken snaps. and setting UI is very bad some time i find where is bt wifi its mean its difficult but i allways appreciate windows phone because its classic. i allways feedback them but i cannot understand what are they doing. sorry for poor english
Interpunction !!!

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site

Under Bluetooth - Advanced, there is a checkbox that says: Connect in a different way to use Speech with Bluetooth in my car.

It says select the check box above if your hands free system has problems with speech recognition.

I don't remember this before GDR3, but maybe it was there.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Under Bluetooth - Advanced, there is a checkbox that says: Connect in a different way to use Speech with Bluetooth in my car.

It says select the check box above if your hands free system has problems with speech recognition.

I don't remember this before GDR3, but maybe it was there.

It wasn't there pre GDR3

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site

Does this mean other apps like Twitter will be 'allowed to allowe' custom notifications too? I miss my 'chirp chirp' i had on Android..

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

How boring, the only useful thing is custom alert sounds and stuff for new devices. I'd been hoping to get silent NFC.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Can we finally close out music player instead of using stop music app ? When Bluetooth disconnects music starts playing .....annoying

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Any idea which handsets WILL support and which handsets WILL NOT support GDR3 update?
I hope all WP8 Lumia should support GDR3 update.

Philak

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

I can't attach files on e-mail (my live account on app hotmail). I can only attach photos, where are the docs and etc?

You can attach file (only one) with the app Office and without GDR3 :
- Go on Office App
- let you finger on the file you want to send
- A menu appears, select "share" then Outlook
- A new mail appears with the file attached

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm happy with just app closing in multitask mode and individual volume control for different actions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb