GDR3 (Update 3) Features & Information

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: GDR3 Features & Information

One bug has been found.
Now if phone number in contacts list contains spaces or anything else, phone unable to find it when someone calling you. For example if you have +1 (320) 555-55-55 it won't work, you should update it to +13205555555 :(
Anyone else noticed such behavior?

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

You can attach file (only one) with the app Office and without GDR3 :
- Go on Office App
- let you finger on the file you want to send
- A menu appears, select "share" then Outlook
- A new mail appears with the file attached

So with GDR3 you can attach files from within the email app?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Oxymoron428

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

I started to send a new email through the basic email app, and I noticed that you can now enter text though speech.

I knew you could could do that with texting, but could you always do it with emails?

tiomi

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

Does anybody know if GDR3 fixes the intermittent bug where the store icon would stop notifying you of app updates? I've been suffering of that lately. I'm installing GDR3 as we speak and will report back with my observations after a few days.

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Is it just me, or has the phone become more responsive, fast and "snappy" after the GDR3 update? Now my WhatsApp, WPC, FB, messaging, bookviser and so on open much faster and seem more stable.

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Ankmeyester, it is not just you. This was the first think I noticed on my 1020 was a fairly significant performance upgrade after GDR3.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

GDR3 also replaces the fb icon that's constantly shown in the people hub tile. It now uses the new fb icon (full blue with f) instead of the old one with the light bar at the bottom (like the one you see in email+account settings). It's a small change, but it's nice to know that they also update the little things.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Man I wanna update but so scared im on att if it bricks my phone att won't warranty my phone and im screwd any one with att have issues or a locked up att 920? And can you fix if its bricked

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone know if GDR3 will support .wav files?
wav files are always supported. It was some compressions used inside wav files are not originally supported (mostly used by voice mails). But that has been addressed by GDR2 update.

Jeebus137

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
When I am wirelessly charging, the phone sometimes stops and starts charging and I get the charging tone all night long every so often. This just started with Update 3. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, when in driving mode, my calendar appointments that usually show are gone and the date and time shift to the bottom of the lock screen. Small bug, but thought I would throw that out there.

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

Does anybody know if GDR3 fixes the intermittent bug where the store icon would stop notifying you of app updates? I've been suffering of that lately. I'm installing GDR3 as we speak and will report back with my observations after a few days.

Well I've just had my store tile showing an update notification for the first time in a few weeks.
It didn't seem to work on the Amber update but now the day after GDR3 it showed an update for Nokia Cinemagraph that was updated five days ago so I'm hoping it's fixed.

Sent from a Windows Phone!

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

Does anyone know if doing the dev preview update violates the TOS of Bell? I just don't want to ruin the fact that I can have my unit replaced or worked on if I update this way.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone know if doing the dev preview update violates the TOS of Bell? I just don't want to ruin the fact that I can have my unit replaced or worked on if I update this way.

Doubtful, this is a Microsoft OTA release. I had my 920 replaced for a hardware failure while it was running the "hacked" GDR2 on AT&T.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure in their terms it is a technical violation... but i don't think they'll care or even look for it.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure in their terms it is a technical violation... but i don't think they'll care or even look for it.

All they did when I brought my 920 in for a failed microphone was lecture me that I should have gotten an iPhone. I didn't mention I've seen microphones and speakers fail on iPhones too. Then they handed my a new 920.

They wipe the phones once they get them anyway.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

All they did when I brought my 920 in for a failed microphone was lecture me that I should have gotten an iPhone. I didn't mention I've seen microphones and speakers fail on iPhones too. Then they handed my a new 920.

Haha exactly what i mean!

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

maybe I'll just wait for official ota update . Don't want to brick my phone im with att

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium