GDR3 (Update 3) Features & Information

Nathan Duarte

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: GDR3 Features & Information

I know the extra column of tiles might not be coming for devices like the Lumia 520, but I made this on Photoshop to see how it'd look like on my phone. I personally think it looks pretty great. :amaze: What'dyou guys think? :eek:rly:

SAM_1777.jpg

Selfie13

May 17, 2012
Visit site

When I am wirelessly charging, the phone sometimes stops and starts charging and I get the charging tone all night long every so often. This just started with Update 3. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, when in driving mode, my calendar appointments that usually show are gone and the date and time shift to the bottom of the lock screen. Small bug, but thought I would throw that out there.

Yes, I also have the wireless charging issue as well, but mine started right after I received"GDR2+Amber" from ATT on my 920. Its very annoying and basically useless for me right now, constantly disconnecting then reconnecting every few seconds, and it has nothing to do with the phone being placed on the charger incorrectly, as well as the Nokia brand case being taken off. Before GDR2, I could half *** lay it down on the charger with said case and never had an issue with it charging. Now that is just the start of the many more bugs that GDR3 has brought since I downloaded..... A few examples are - Using the Nokia Play To dlna app to stream music and videos to my Win8 Laptop via Wmplayer, if the screen turns off (mine is set to 3min) or I hit start button to read a text, then right before next song is to play, it will disconnect from Wmplayer. Never had this problem until GDR3. Inserting an auxiliary cable or headphones into the headphone port really makes the phone go bat**** crazy, hard to explain, but the volume gets stuck at zero with the drop down music controls just appearing, even if I haven't started a song, and it will not go away. It also makes the capacitive buttons useless at this time along with some other **** that shouldn't happen and is the first I've seen happen on Windows Phone. Another bug I've noticed is in Xbox music, or at least trying to navigate inside the music app. Once opened and tapping anything within the music app causes a few seconds of delay and alot of times it will not launch or react to my taps, thus making me tap multiple times, and from there, im pretty sure you know what can happen when doing that. I've restarted phone, soft reset, and uninstall some apps hoping one might be a bit wonky, but going on into day 3 with GDR3, I wish I would have just waited til official release with Nokia's Firmware as well as some driver updates.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

Took the plunge last night and when I woke up GDR3 behold! Nothing fancy as many have spilled the beans out already but I found that when you go to Photos and go to Picture of Me and other Albums the loading is fast! Just like it did on WP7.5. There surely was performance improvement I cannot measure but I felt it. Now unleash bittersweet shimmer!

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

I'm so sad that these extra columns are not coming to phones with 768p display :( I was so looking forward to it for my lumia 920 since I have so many tiles on my start screen

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Is it just me or does the editing cursor appear more quickly when you hold your finger down? It always seemed a touch sluggish but now seems ok. Maybe I just got used to it tho :)

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

So I read on the main page that the Bing weather app has been update. Instead of going to the store, I opened the app to check the weather before updating. a few second later, a message pops up saying that an update is available for the app. Cool stuff in this update!! Screenshot attached

wp_ss_20131017_0001.jpg

wspaw

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I was expecting to be able to attach PDFs to emails (not sharing via SkyDrive). This was listed as a confirmed feature. Anyone know if it was removed?

Varij Kapil

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

I have gdr3 developer preview on my Lumia 620, and i have noticed a new bug fix,, in my music player earlier while i scrolled to the songs section from the artists and albums page, the list took a while to show up. But after this update i have noticed that this issue has been resolved, now the song list shows up instantly,, and also i have noticed that the sound quality have also been improved a little in this new update..

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

I was expecting to be able to attach PDFs to emails (not sharing via SkyDrive). This was listed as a confirmed feature. Anyone know if it was removed?

It was not a confirmed feature. WPC had mentioned it in the unofficial list of features, but the official Windows Phone blog post didn't say anything about it. It doesn't mean that it won't be included at a later date. Fingers crossed!

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

Can we attach pdf files in mail after gdr3??? Anyone did that???
you can do it without gdr3 by using either of these apps:
try using the Mail Plus app.
Or you can use the pro version of pdf reader to send files by emil and bluetooth. more details below. the pro version of the app by pompolutz is published by Ocius. this is the link:
PDF Reader Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

One bug has been found.
Now if phone number in contacts list contains spaces or anything else, phone unable to find it when someone calling you. For example if you have +1 (320) 555-55-55 it won't work, you should update it to +13205555555 :(
Anyone else noticed such behavior?
Most of my contact numbers are stored as (320) 555-5555. I also have some stored as 320-555-5555. I do not see the problem you are describing. The phone shows the proper contact when they call or when they text.

djmuzi

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Till the last update call quality was excelent after the update my ear speaker makes the well know interference noise caused by the phone signal :(

bryanstevecl

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

Most of my contact numbers are stored as (320) 555-5555. I also have some stored as 320-555-5555. I do not see the problem you are describing. The phone shows the proper contact when they call or when they text.

The problem he is mentioning is in the phone app, check off international assist

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

i hope that the GDR3/Bittersweet Shimmer will fix the glance notification battery consumption. and of course the post processing bug on 920

The battery consumption you're experiencing is not a bug. Your 920 has an IPS display, which means when you use glance your entire screen is constantly on. If you had a device with an AMOLED display, like the 925 or 1020, only the grey/white pixels of glance would be drawing power, and the consumption would be significantly lower. In my mind, honestly, AMOLED screen technology should be required for an OS that deliberately uses so much black space.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99