Xbox Music Pass, Yes or No?

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and signed up for a 30-day trial for this service, and have been reading up about it here on WPCentral. I have not had any problems so far, but it's only been about 12 hours of using it (8 of those spent sleeping overnight,lol). I have found many older threads detailing various issues, but I would like an update from any current users. Setting any Zune-related nostalgia aside, what is the current consensus on the service right now?

The most attractive feature of the service for me at this point is the unlimited downloads, although I have discovered that deleting even a single downloaded (not paid for song) crashes the app so bad it won't re-open without a phone re-start. The app interface is inscrutable and irritating, but I can live with it. I think.

So what's the whats? Is it worth purchasing, is it going to be get better?

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey there! I've been a Music Pass user since the Zune days (but after they dropped the 10 song credit feature). So I have the unlimited downloads and streaming just as you do! I've been very happy with the service, I use it on my ATIV S Neo, my Windows 8 tablet and my Windows 8 PC, along with my Xbox 360. I use it for the streaming and sometimes download feature but I haven't had issues like others have had putting my own music on. That's because I haven't tried it but I've had no need to since I can stream mostly everything.

I'm not saying my way is perfect because there are definitely those who want/need to have their own music with them. I think that's where the hitch comes in and people start having issues syncing, and duplicates keep popping up, and the management of media is not as good as it was with Zune (although I hear it's getting better).

For me, personally... since I just stream mostly on my phone/Xbox, I've had no issue. I have my own large music collection that lives on my desktop PC, but I use WMP to play music there. I love Xbox Music Pass and at the beginning of October, it'll be my 3rd renewal for the pass. I intend on keeping it for the foreseeable future. That's just me however, others are different and your mileage will vary!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa