GDR2 ruined my Bluetooth connection with my car

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Text messaging announcing never worked with my 8x and my Acura TL, but the Bluetooth phone connection worked pretty well for calls. Since the GDR2 update on my AT&T 8x the Bluetooth connection stinks. My phone frequently disappears as a connected device when I try to make a call, and trying to make a call frequently causes my phone to reboot.

Any suggestions?

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Try to delete the pairing both the phone and the car , and start all over.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

nqh173

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by kilgore walleye View Post
I was having a problem with bluetooth on my 920 this weekend as well. I was connected to a bluetooth speaker (G-boom from Target, btw. good sound, very loud for playing outside, a great deal at $85) and playing music fine. Then someone else tookover the speaker for a little while, and I later noticed that my phone was off. So I soft-reset it. After that, I couldn't connect to the speaker. I would tap it, it would say 'connected' for a split second, but immediately disconnect.

SOLUTION: I tapped-and-held the G-boom speaker in the list of bluetooth devices, which gave me the option to delete the speaker. I deleted it from the list, turned the speaker off and on again, and then I was able to reconnect to the speaker and play music. Hope this helps someone else.
Wow, I've tried your instruction and it was connected. Thank you so much kilgore walleye. .

Pls refer to the link:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/203913-2.htm

holsen

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here. It's a known issue and my phone is pretty much useless in the car. I bought a developer license to get access to the pre-release for GDR 3 and it didn't do a thing. The good news is that there is a GDR 3 coming and hopefully Bluetooth Fixes will come in the official release but the developer preview certainly does not address the problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos