[Feature Suggestion] Download Manager for Windows Phone 8 and 8.1?

Hassan Rashid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
In short: If you don't want to read the full post, please click here and vote on my idea for a built-in download manager for Windows Phone 8/8.1, and share it with your friends.

*I have an idea of a download manager for Windows Phone 8/8.1 and wanted to spread it so my best choice was Windows Phone Central as it's a great website for Windows Phone users and I hope that the idea would reach the Windows Phone team! This thread is a discussion for a download manager for Windows 8/8.1 and Windows Phone 8*

There are already many download managers out there but none is built specifically for the Windows PHONE 8. Everyone wants to see a download manager that can handle Apps/Games/Music from the Windows Store and normal downloads from the web. The download manager should be able to pause, resume, and stop downloads and show the details of the download -- estimated time arrival, type of file, where the file would be saved (hope there's a file manager in WP8.1) and the size of the download. It should be able to pause (and not cancel) the download if an Internet connection error occurs and resume it once the device reconnects to the Internet.

I've already posted this idea here: Download Manager for Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 BUT I'm not getting any votes because it isn't a top post, and, of course it's newly posted. (windowsphone.uservoice.com is an official Windows Phone suggestions/features ideas website where ideas are posted and are voted by the community).

Once again, I want the idea to reach the Windows Phone team NO MATTER WHAT, and I know that I can achieve it with WPCentral! I only want the Windows Phone platform to succeed! :)

Please share and invite your friends to this link: Download Manager for Windows Phone 8 and 8.1. Thanks!

Last edited:

Hassan Rashid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
BIGPADDY: The problem is that this idea is only reached by users like us. It's very hard for our suggestions to reach the Windows Phone dev team or any of the Microsoft team employees. Although the Windows Phone Features Suggestion Box (windowsphone.uservoice.com) was made for this reason, and it's an official Windows Phone website, attention IS being given, but my idea and a thousand others aren't being taken into consideration because they're newly created. If we really want to see this idea coming into action, we'll have to share it and ask other people to share it too.

I've asked a Channel 9 (MSDN) software/web developer to vote on the idea, and share it with any of the Windows Phone team employees (because he meets them often) and tell them the details of the idea. I'll receive his email, as soon as I receive it I'll tell you what he said. :)

I ask the WPCentral to share the idea and, if possible, make a post on it, redirecting users to the link.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I don't see the point in this.

I don't recall ever having the need to download multiple large files onto my phone. Doesn't really make sense with app downloads/updates either as they get left in the Windows Phone Store queue when connectivity is lost anyway.

Anyway, good luck with it, but it's a No from me.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I don't see the point in this.

I don't recall ever having the need to download multiple large files onto my phone. Doesn't really make sense with app downloads/updates either as they get left in the Windows Phone Store queue when connectivity is lost anyway.

Anyway, good luck with it, but it's a No from me.

You haven't tasted torrents on wp8 right ?
(I'm having an evil smile)

Hassan Rashid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I really feel the need of a download manager. Torrents, apps that have large sizes, music, and especially games (like Six Guns, Halo). It would boost up Windows Phone's sales. And WP would leave Android behind...

Imagine if you were downloading a large update (Amber, for example) and boom! There's an Internet connection error, there you go, restart your download.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I really feel the need of a download manager. Torrents, apps that have large sizes, music, and especially games (like Six Guns, Halo). It would boost up Windows Phone's sales. And WP would leave Android behind...

It already did ;), in terms of UI smoothness, stability and stuff like that.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
i voted No, as I find it pretty useless. i usually download stuff on my laptop and don't need to have any rubbish like torrent clients and other stuff bloating my phone.

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I see you wrote windows phone central as a great website to spread your voice for a download manager kind of feature suggestion. Well, Good Luck with that. WP is pretty useless for so called 3rd world countries because so called 1st world countries don't see the point of having such features in SMART phones.

P.S. Well, my Nokia 6681 can download torrent files but not WP.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes