Update problem

Ash Walker

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I have Lumia 620 and for my country the Amber update is just released. However I can't install the update. The problem is: The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened. (8018830f). I'm from Bulgaria. My region on phone is Bulgaria, Microsoft account region is Bulgaria. First my phone language was english, so I changed it to bulgarian, but this doesn't help. The problem is not because storage, I have 2,5GB free space. Some help?

Ash Walker

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm downloading with Wi - Fi and I have 2,5GB free space. This doesn't help..

PS: I'm donwloading on 100%, then in preparing for install it's goin to 13% about 2-3 min and BOOOM suddenly jumped to 99% and it's says error.

Last edited:

Iliyancho

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm downloading with Wi - Fi and I have 2,5GB free space. This doesn't help..

PS: I'm donwloading on 100%, then in preparing for install it's goin to 13% about 2-3 min and BOOOM suddenly jumped to 99% and it's says error.

I have the exact same problem. I'm from Bulgaria too. I contacted today my mobile operator and they said that I have to hard reset the phone and if I cant install the update again then its hardware related. I did hard reset, but still no luck, same thing as you happens to me. :/

SRLumia620

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I also own a Lumia 620 having the same "exact" issue described in the original post. I tried updating about 5 times now with the same error 8018830f. Is there going to be a fix for this? Because i have been searching on the internet for solutions with no luck.
I also tried to install the software update manually using the Nokia Software Updater for Retail. But the Nokia software updater wont even install on the PC for me to get it running. I get an "error 2738 could not access VB Script run time for custom action".
im running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. Phone is a Nokia Lumia 620 unlocked.

PLEASE REPLY. Thanks

Iliyancho

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I also own a Lumia 620 having the same "exact" issue described in the original post. I tried updating about 5 times now with the same error 8018830f. Is there going to be a fix for this? Because i have been searching on the internet for solutions with no luck.
I also tried to install the software update manually using the Nokia Software Updater for Retail. But the Nokia software updater wont even install on the PC for me to get it running. I get an "error 2738 could not access VB Script run time for custom action".
im running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. Phone is a Nokia Lumia 620 unlocked.

PLEASE REPLY. Thanks

Don't know if there is a fix undergoing or smthing. I tried more than 20 times to update with no luck, even with hard reset. Maybe u need Win8 x64 bit for Nokia Software Updater for Retail (not sure).

Iliyancho

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Did you try with the Nokia Software Updater for Retail? If so,was it successful?

Update appears on NSU but still haven't tried to install it. Im not sure what to do :/

EDIT : Downloading the update now. Its 1.3gb. Will edit post if something happens.
EDIT 2 : Atm its writing firmware to device 100% complete. Rebooting now.
EDIT 3 : Your device has been successfully updated to 3046.0000.1329.2002 <3

Last edited:

SRLumia620

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I got NSU installed on a 32bit Win7 computer. I connected the phone and it says : You can update device software to version 1030.6407.1308.0002, which is the software version I already have running on my phone. I live in Sri Lanka and according to this website Availability in Asia Pacific - Nokia shouldn't the software version of Amber be 3046.0000.1329.2001 for the 620? The above website also states that the Amber update for the 620 is Available.
Am I doing something wrong here? NSU version is 3.0.8.
Thanks.

Thank you Iliyancho for the very prompt replies. Glad you could get through with the update.

Iliyancho

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hmm weird. And yes it should say that u can update the phone to 3046.000.1329.2001 not the 1030.6407.1308.0002. I'm not sure what u can do. :/ Maybe if you try to hard reset the phone. Or restart both app and phone (remove the battery and plug back) and try again.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

SRLumia620

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So I made up my mind to give the OTA update one last try. Did a restart of the device and then pressed on update. And miraculously it updated perfectly this time without any error messages. I have no idea what I did. Maybe it was the restart? I really don't know.

Appreciate all the help. Thank you. Running Amber now. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss