Lock screen bing wallpaper not updating

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There's quite a few apps these days that allow the display of the Bing wallpaper with other information. One I tried recently was Amazing Weather, which gives me the daily Bing wallpaper along with the weather summary.

As far as I remember, the stock Bing wallpaper option depends on there being network connectivity at a certain point overnight. If there's no connectivity, it'll try again 24 hours later. Maybe setting Wifi options so that it persists under the lock screen may help.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
There's quite a few apps these days that allow the display of the Bing wallpaper with other information. One I tried recently was Amazing Weather, which gives me the daily Bing wallpaper along with the weather summary.

As far as I remember, the stock Bing wallpaper option depends on there being network connectivity at a certain point overnight. If there's no connectivity, it'll try again 24 hours later. Maybe setting Wifi options so that it persists under the lock screen may help.

Whenever I switch on WiFi on 820 the bing lockscreen updates automatically..!!

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

Sagar Srivastava

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Is there any solution for the same case, but with respect to Facebook and Instagram or Twitter lock screen ? I change my lock screen to Facebook, did the Facebook settings as well, but all I see a blue screen with Facebook logo in top right. I cant seem to think what is the problem as why the pictures are not shuffling or updating. Similar for Twitter, Instagram and other apps. Any help ?

pankil

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
This feature was never fixed in Windows 8 but luckily it has been fixed in Windows 10 Mobile - Insider Edition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss