Cannot Launch Skype

Winphoner

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I've been having a very strange issue with Skype lately. Every time I launch the app, it opens to the main page and then immediately closes itself. I'm not sure why, but they only way around it is to uninstall and the re-install Skype. After a fresh install, it works once(!!!!) and then the same problem reappears.
I've tried restarting and soft-resets, but there doesn't seem to be any way to fix it. Anyone experienced anything like this before? Know any solution?

Any help would be much appreciated!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Are you making a phone call and then find it crashes when you start it afterwards? Does the same for me after making a phone call using Skype credits, using for just IM it works fine after closing it.

Winphoner

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply...
Well, I only use skype for calling (to the US from Canada etc), so not sure if it works with IM, but I only need it for calling... I've re-installed it for the 10th time in the last week and a half. Let's see when it starts failing again.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I tried tweeting to Skype and got no answer, going to try the official WP account and see how that goes. Guess they don't have any WP devices to test while they work on the ios version....

IzaacJ

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
And I thought my Skype had issues. My only noticeable problems is that I get no notifications if I get an IM, and if its not in the foreground i seem to be signed out. I'm only using Skype on my 920, so no device sync problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss