Nokia lumia 520 missing features with GDR2

ojo otter

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
When I recently updated my English Nokia Lumia 520 with GDR2/Amber and I don't seem to have an FM radio setting. Or flip to silent. I have installed 3rd party fm radio apps and they don't work. I cant find a setting. I have Data Sense, Colour Profile, call and Sms blocking, even camera choices. But I cant find Fm radio or Flip to Silence settings and have even tried it. Please help?? No more updates on Phone updates.....and the features should be included.....😞😞😞😞

Sayyid Shoaib

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi ojo otter

Have you tried the to go into the music and video section when your headphones are plugged in, radio fm is the 4th option down.

Flip to silent option is in the audio settings where you flip to enhancements and turn on the flip to silence below the dolby surrond sound settings

Hope that helps!

:smile:

Leo Stoy

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi friend, can you tell me Where you updated your phone..?
in Nokia care or in home by connecting to pc..??
besides going to nokia care, is there any other option to update our nokia lumia 520..??
Thank you..

ojo otter

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi friend, can you tell me Where you updated your phone..?
in Nokia care or in home by connecting to pc..??
besides going to nokia care, is there any other option to update our nokia lumia 520..??
Thank you..
Hi! of you go on Phone Update in settings, I found my update! I didn't use any proxy or anything. I had to download it many times, due to error code 80182882e8.....It worked after 5 goes. I'm on Talkmobile in England.... Have you not got it? I'm not sure. Hope I can help.

ojo otter

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi ojo otter

Have you tried the to go into the music and video section when your headphones are plugged in, radio fm is the 4th option down.

Flip to silent option is in the audio settings where you flip to enhancements and turn on the flip to silence below the dolby surrond sound settings

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much!

I feel like a dumbass now....😁😁

ojo otter

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Haha, sorry about this, but does anyone know anything about the 'Other' storage fix? Before GDR2 I had 1.9gb, now I have 3 GB?? I though there was a fix.....😞😞😞 Anyone know how to get rid of it? I only got 1.5gb for apps......

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Haha, sorry about this, but does anyone know anything about the 'Other' storage fix? Before GDR2 I had 1.9gb, now I have 3 GB?? I though there was a fix.....😞😞😞 Anyone know how to get rid of it? I only got 1.5gb for apps......
Is that according to the Storage Check app?
Make sure you check from there.

Reboot once in a while. Chances are that a lot of them are temp files that didn't get cleared away by default.

ojo otter

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Is that according to the Storage Check app?
Make sure you check from there.

Reboot once in a while. Chances are that a lot of them are temp files that didn't get cleared away by default.
Yes. From the storage Checker app by Nokia. That's the only one I've ever used! By reboot, do you mean factory reset? Thank you so much! I'm very Grateful as I'm still getting into Windows phone moving from Android and I am very impressed with the device and the OS! 😉😉😉

Sayyid Shoaib

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Its simple,

Go into storage checker and clear temporary files you'll be surprised how much space temp files take up

I was having same problem transferring files across from Android device to Nokia Lumia 920

Hope that helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss