How to get longer battery life on your nokia lumia 925 and other models.

georgebridi

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok Guys Here is the solution for your battery, here is what i have discovered to get longer battery life for your nokia lumia 925.
THAT WAS MY MAIN PROBLEM ON THE 925 I EVEN REPLACED THE HANDSET BECAUSE OF THE BATTERY NOT LASTING,AND STILL I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM.

RINGTONES + SOUNDS / disable vibrate if not needed/ unclick key press in ringtones + sounds.
THEME / always use the dark in background
WIFI / go to advance and disable all.
BLUETOOTH /off
TAP + SEND/ OF/ only when you want to share.
FLIGHT MODE / off
MOBILE NETWORK / data connection off use it when you need it,dont roam, highest connection speed its up to you here if you are using 3g or 4g it will use more battery than 2g.
LOCATION / OFF
KIDS CORNER /OFF
BATTERY SAVER/ NOW THIS IS THE TRICKY PART,NOKIA + MICROSOFT + OTHER EXPERTS CLAIM THAT WHEN YOU USE BATTERY SAVER THE BATTERY SHOULD LAST LONGER (WRONG) SWITCH IT OFF GUYS AND YOU WILL BE SHOCKED WITH THE RESULTS.:smile:
BRIGHTNESS / i have it on LOW and automatically adjust ON.
BACKUP/ all options OFF unless you want to back up.
EASE OF ACCESS / all 3 options OFF unless you need them.
FIND MY PHONE / 2 options OFF
PHONE UPDATES / 2 options OFF
FEEDBACK / OFF
DISPLAY + TOUCH / sunlight readability OFF, battery saver brightness on or off,off is better,then swipe the scree to the next option touch glance make it normal and unclick double tap,swipe to the next option glance display glance off and night mode off unless you want it.
BACKGROUND TASKS/ block all apps and you can activate them manually.
GAMES/ connect with xbox OFF
MAPS / use my location OFF
MUSIC + VIDEOS / 2 options with xbox connect OFF.
Thats it folks as we are speakin now my battery information reads remaining battery life 65%,estimated time remaining 2 days and 16 hours,time since last charge 1 day and 11 hours.
and for me to reach this perfomance this was the important things to do.
BATTERY SAVER/ NOW THIS IS THE TRICKY PART,NOKIA + MICROSOFT + OTHER EXPERTS CLAIM THAT WHEN YOU USE BATTERY SAVER THE BATTERY SHOULD LAST LONGER (WRONG) SWITCH IT OFF GUYS AND YOU WILL BE SHOCKED WITH THE RESULTS.:smile:
BRIGHTNESS / i have it on LOW and automatically adjust ON.
THAT WAS MY MAIN PROBLEM ON THE 925 I EVEN REPLACED THE HANDSET BECAUSE OF THE BATTERY NOT LASTING,

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
On most models you can't change Network type in Cellular instead
dial ##3282# for FIELD TEST, click accept then scroll down to ...
settings and under Network type pick the lowest you can live with.
If you're home just making calls use 2G

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC 8X but I already have most all that stuff available to me off. EXCEPT screen brightness. I always keep it on medium and the auto adjust off. I just have to. I can't stand auto adjust and the brightness on low is just too low for me. I have done and checked everything the threads and various sites suggest and my battery is ok most the time, though I am still having random bouts of quick battery drain. Just every now and then and almost always when my phone is not being used and just in standby.

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using Tapatalk

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
So basically turn everything off. What's the point of doing that? I want these features ON as that's y i got a smartphone otherwise o would have got a Nokia 3210.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The point of the "Battery Saver" is only when the battery gets low, it will automatically start turning off features that do use up the battery.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
So basically turn everything off. What's the point of doing that? I want these features ON as that's y i got a smartphone otherwise o would have got a Nokia 3210.
I guess you have no battery issue, cool. But yeah some of those features I want on but most I don't need daily, once you have the most current update, why leave it on? Bluetooth leave it off until you need it, it does waste battery searching but maybe you need it ON all the time. Feedback ? they don't listen anyway. Keyboard, why leave send info to MS that seems a waste of battery too and does little to improve a great system anyway. But leave everything on if you like, I think this post was for many of us who don't leave the phone connected to a charger all the time.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Buy cheap nokia phone and use it. Week without recharge!
Why to buy smartphone and turn everything off? Its time to just live with it. Battery will not last longer that one day if you use phone! Do you think crapdriod users has better battery life? Or iphone users? Believe me, NO. I recharge phone ones per two days with everything turned on. If i use phone , camera, games, could be empty at the evening . Not a problem.

threre is no battery problem, only in your imagination :)

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Why to buy smartphone and turn everything off? Its time to just live with it. Battery will not last longer that one day if you use phone! Do you think crapdriod users has better battery life? Or iphone users? Believe me, NO. I recharge phone ones per two days with everything turned on. If i use phone , camera, games, could be empty at the evening . Not a problem.

and so what, no one is asking you do do it, at least I didn't see that the title of this thread was...

"You are required to get longer battery life on your nokia lumia 925 and other models because if you don't you have to sell your phone".

:wink:

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

Bull****. There is a clear software issue with 920/925/1020. Just recently had to send my new 1020 back because of obvious battery problems. The software seams unstable, it would idle around 3-7% discharge rate with everything turned off and not even sim-card inserterd. That means it could drop 20-30% when sleeping, compare that to my 2 year old iphone that drops 2% :)

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
All I did on my 925 was switch cellular to 4G and disable location services, as well as disabling glance and double tap to wake and my battery lasts a good long time.

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Most of the things make sense, exscept for two:

How can turning off flight mode save battery? Do you know what flight mode is? With flight mode on, my phone can last for more than a week...

Turning off battery saver does not improve your battery. Battery saver stops background tasks and push messages, so it DOES save battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon