Push notifications

dayoungtx

May 20, 2013
Visit site
So, one of biggest frustrations with my windows phone is the absence of a push notification to alert me when I have incoming mail, a text, or meeting reminder while the phone is locked and dark. On an iphone, those alerts wake the phone and let you know what has come in. With Widows you get the notification via sound or vibration, but then have to manually wake the phone to see what has come in. Does anyone know of a way to adjust this?

Thanks!
Derek

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
An incoming text or meeting reminder should wake the phone and appear on the screen.

Unfortunately emails don't do this. And there's no option to change that. I find that frustrating too. Hopefully WP8.1 might address this.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
^emails do give notifications as well but they just don't light up the screen

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
you're mentioning about "breath", not push notification. And yes, I really think blinking the windows logo'd help so so so so much.
Does glance feature give these info? I didn't try it

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It's always interesting how people have different expectations on how they want their devices to work. I've always hated the fact that the entire screen would light up when a notification would come in. I'd rather not have it waste battery to light up the entire screen.

I think the solution is with with Nokia is doing with their glance screen and also what Motorola is doing on their Moto X with active notifications. With AMOLED screens they can just light up a part of the phone for notifications.

I would be totally cool with just a toast popping up on my screen instead of the entire device lighting up. Nokia is getting there I hope with Glance.

I'm still a WP ******, but I'm messing with a Moto X for work and I love their active notifications. Check out a video of it if you have not yet. It's really neat.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
For me, the best solution would be how BlackBerry does it with a simple flashing LED. My 520 doesn't appear to have one. Don't know about the rest.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
For me, the best solution would be how BlackBerry does it with a simple flashing LED. My 520 doesn't appear to have one. Don't know about the rest.

The 3rd party App (BeBuzz) was so nice for controlling that LED. Its nice to be able to turn off the LED at certain hours. I do miss the notification LED on this platform.

dayoungtx

May 20, 2013
Visit site
For me its a convenience and courtesy things. If I am in a meeting and I get an email, I would like to be able to quickly see if it is something I need to read immediately or if can wait rather than having to wake the screen up every time the phone vibrates. Unfortunately, with my Lumia 820 that does not seem to be an option unless I am missing something. Does anyone know when the 820 is expected to get 8.1 and if Glance comes with it?

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
For me its a convenience and courtesy things. If I am in a meeting and I get an email, I would like to be able to quickly see if it is something I need to read immediately or if can wait rather than having to wake the screen up every time the phone vibrates. Unfortunately, with my Lumia 820 that does not seem to be an option unless I am missing something. Does anyone know when the 820 is expected to get 8.1 and if Glance comes with it?

I'd be more concerned about the fact that my phone is not locked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa