Bluetooth Disconnects and Phone Reboots since GDR2

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
When leaving work each day, I religiously plug my Verizon HTC 8x into the car charger, turn on my Jabra 'Cruiser' BT speaker on my visor and call my wife for the drive home. No problems ever. Been working perfectly for many months (since the HTC 8x was released in the U.S. on Verizon).

But since the GDR2 update, the first after work call from my phone results in stuttering speech through the BT speaker (like "I xx to xx home xx Friday"). It's unusable, so I power down the Jabra, wait 5 seconds, power up the Jabra, wait 3 seconds for it to connect, then press and hold the talk button to start speech so I can call home using my voice.

2 seconds later, Jabra says 'disconnected.' I check the phone. It's rebooting.

Happens every single day since GDR2. Any similar experiences from anyone else. Any potential workaround to try?

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this has been happening with my AT&T 8x. Worked fine until the GDR2 update, now I have the same disconnecting and rebooting problem. There are other topics In which this is discussed. No solution. Not being able to reliably use my phone over BT connection while driving is a very big problem for me.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you removed the association from your phone, then done a clean new pairing?

That resolved the issue with my BT Headphones.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth in general seems flaky. My 928 has a hard time connecting to my laptop with a v2.0 dongle attached. Bluetooth mouse, old Samsung 'dumb' phone have no issues. Gave up and upload all photos to Skydrive, then have them Sync to laptop. I will say the Tap & Send works fine between the wife and I (both using 928 phones). Looking forward to buying a set of wireless headphones, but have been cautious due to this issue. GDR3 gonna make it better on existing phones?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99