Putting audiobooks on a Windows 8 phone.

Matthew Blair

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I've poked around the forums for help and have found a few unsatisfactory resolutions, so I thought I'd ask again in case someone has any new answers.

It really ticks me off that there is no easy way to put audiobooks on my Lumia 920. I have my own mp3's (I'm not using Audible nor do I want to).

I know of the "technique" where you use the desktop client and rename the metdata into podcasts, but frankly that's a **** poor solution.

Anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks everyone.

boshkop

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I copy the MP3s in Music folder and listen to the as a regular tracks. The only issue I have is when I don't finish a chapter I have to remember where I stopped.

Matthew Blair

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I honestly don't know why someone hasn't created an app for this yet. We have 4000 weather apps that all do the same thing and not one streamlined method to put audiobooks onto one of the most advanced smartphones on the market....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I honestly don't know why someone hasn't created an app for this yet. We have 4000 weather apps that all do the same thing and not one streamlined method to put audiobooks onto one of the most advanced smartphones on the market....

It all depends on if the APIs allow it or not. Some aspects of the OS are really tied down so it's possible that may be the reason. I'm not a developer so I don't know. A lot of development is geared to what the 'majority' want and since WP is a distant third in OS we're way behind when it comes to niche apps.

neitin

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I listen to lots of audio books and I use Digital Audio Book, this allow to set Metdata and enable resume for the last point you stopped. I am quite happy with this app, only challenge is you need to upload to skydrive and download from there.

you can check it out here

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos