How to completly wipe the Phone??

andreirlopes

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Guys, there's a way to completly wipe the phone and then reinstall Windows on it? My bf did this on his ipad via iTunes... He wiped all the data and then reinstaled iOS... I'm wanting this so bad right now on my lumia... I'll explain:

Last week when Amber was avaliable here in my country, I was getting an error when tried to install it and I thought it was my Phone... So I went to Settings > About > Restore to restore (duh). I discover after restoring that that error was normal at the fisrt days to the Lumias... BUT since after (and right after) that reset my Phone started to lag and crash like never before. It's slow as fck now... Everything that I do takes forever to respond and to open.

I want that there's a way to not simply restore the device, because it doesn't seems to help AT ALL, but a way to completely refresh the OS. IF you know how, please help me. IF there's not a way to do this, this is my main request for Windows Phone 8.1.

Ps: I don't want to flash the Phone or install unnofficial ROMs.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Refresh is a feature I've only see in Windows 8 and 8.1. It would be nice to see it on Windows Phone someday. Other platforms all just have reset.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The only way is:

Settings --> about --> reset your phone

Now if you've already done that, AND you did a "restore" during the setup, and are still having issues. I recommend doing another reset, but DON'T do a restore. Start fresh, re-enter your account info, then reinstall your apps manually.

That worked for me when I had issues.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
^^^^^^^
"...Start fresh, re-enter your account info, then reinstall your apps manually.
That worked for me when I had issues."

Yep ... that solved my unique issues which involved a bad system app install. On my repeat reset I didn't do an install from backups and re-entered a fresh MS info account login and manually installed apps/contacts etc. A huge pain I know but it did solve my problem (a bad HTC hub app install). And it is as close as you'll likely get to a 'clean wipe'

No problems since.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. Reset, but don't "restore."

Or if you really want to completely wipe your phone, this works pretty well.
mD8LUlKqzqn23IN4oJsdjRA.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999