Set keyboard to default to numeric?

bpdubya

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Anybody know if there's any way to set the keyboard to come up in numeric mode rather than alphabetic? Or at least to stay in numeric mode if that's the mode it's in when you lock the phone (i.e. you have a spreadsheet open and are entering numbers, you lock the phone, and when you unlock it the keyboard is still in numeric mode)? Having the keyboard stay active through a lock/unlock cycle would be a plus, too.

(Reason I ask is I'm using Excel to record my disc golf scores, rather than carry a paper scorecard and pencil...I know it's just a few extra taps, but for some reason it really annoys me).

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Heh. If I understand your technical jargon, this is probably a lost cause. Thanks.

Well, to be honest, I think that this is also due to the fact that the numeric keyboard is actually numeric+punctuation marks+symbols. If anything, Microsoft should start including a number-only keypad for your use case.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Isn't there a numeric keyboard already when you do enter your passwrod or at some websites when you need to enter a code?

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, to be honest, I think that this is also due to the fact that the numeric keyboard is actually numeric+punctuation marks+symbols. If anything, Microsoft should start including a number-only keypad for your use case.

Actually, I'd like a keyboard with letters and numbers, at times. Would be handy for userids and passwords (if you don't use special characters).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb