Resetting the phone, help needed....

Soyeb Mullick

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Lumia 820(Black) 8 Months back, Am pretty fan of Windows 8 Phone and Nokia. I just want to know,
1. how this 'Reset' Option is gonna effect the phone?
2. Will my phone be completely formatted like in Hard Reset?
3. How am I supposed to get all my contacts back after resetting?

Thanks in advance.....wp_ss_20130927_0001.jpg

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
If it works like it should, It will revert your phone back to the stage when you first got it.

Are you using outlook.com to manage your contacts on your phone. When you log back in, your contacts should appear.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Reset your phone = hard reset is like formatting a computer hard disk, the phone will be like new with absolutely no data on it.

If you want to soft reset (Just like a restart, loses no data), press and hold vol down + power, release when screen goes off, device will restart.

A soft reset solves many problems, try that before you do a hard one.

Once you enter your Microsoft account details, all your contacts will be pulled from MS Servers.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
When you reset, you will be back to the orginal state, you simply log in with your Microsoft Account (outlook.com, msn, hotmail, live) and everything will sync.

What is the reason why you want to reset?

Soyeb Mullick

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
thank u all for the genuine reply... it is really appreciated.... actually the 'other' storage is bugging me like anything.... I was hesitating to reset it cause of the contacts, I was confused... thanks all...

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
thank u all for the genuine reply... it is really appreciated.... actually the 'other' storage is bugging me like anything.... I was hesitating to reset it cause of the contacts, I was confused... thanks all...

You can wait for the GDR 2 update it addresses that.
I definately stay away from hard resets, but thats just me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos