Unable to purchase apps using debit card India

Siddhartha Vuriti1

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
im unable to purchase apps using my SBI master card (debit). Is it mandatory to use a credit card instead of debit??
or is there a solution to make purchases without credit card??

Siddhartha Vuriti1

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
i am able to fill out the form and authenticate the 3d secure code too. but after every thing it is showing up error...

i also would like to know what other cards are accepted for purchases??

Rasool Shaik

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I had contacted the Billing Support in Windows Phone store months earlier when I had Windows Phone 7 regarding this issue. At the time I also had SBI debit card and was facing same problem. The Billing support executive said that the store accepts credit cards only. He also mentioned that only few debit cards were working on the current system. He also said that Debit cards are not officially supported. So they may or may not work acc to Bank. SBI has officially released an App for Windows Phone 8. So I would like all the people wish to purchase apps through debit cards request their Banks to approach Microsoft on the same. Also send feedback to Billing Support regarding this issue and inform them you would like to have the debit card option for purchases.

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Payments with debit cards are allowed only with cards of certain banks. It did not work with my Canara Bank debit card but worked with a Bank of Baroda card.

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
If debit cards don't work, sign up to Entropay and link your debit card to your account. Then use it to buy apps.

Siddhartha Vuriti1

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Does this Entropay work with the Store??
Also does this work in India??

ENTROPAY Bank transfers to/from the following countries are currently unavailable:
Afghanista, Belarus, Cote D’Ivoire, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Lao, Liberia, Libya, Myanmar, Nauru, North Korea, Pakistan, Palestine Territory, Principe, Sao Tome, Sudan, Syria, Turkmenistan, Turkey,Uzbekistan, Yemen, South Africa
Source:
https://www.entropay.com/content/can-bank-transfers-be-made-tofrom-any-country

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
The entire payment system of windows phone itself is flawed I feel. When I click on purchase, I am taken to the bank's website where I need to enter the OTP. Now that OTP is received as a text message and I need to switch to Messaging app to read the OTP. But when I come back to the store, the bank's website screen is gone. In fact, the Store app itself closes. This started happening recently. Anyone else having this problem?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The entire payment system of windows phone itself is flawed I feel. When I click on purchase, I am taken to the bank's website where I need to enter the OTP. Now that OTP is received as a text message and I need to switch to Messaging app to read the OTP. But when I come back to the store, the bank's website screen is gone. In fact, the Store app itself closes. This started happening recently. Anyone else having this problem?

can you try this to see if it works: you mention that you have to go to the banks website, so it would render in landscape view. Once its in landscape and you get your sms, which sshould be short enough to be able to read the otp in the toast notification.
That way you won't have to open the messaging hub.

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have auto-rotate "on" in my settings. But the toast notification stays in portrait mode when I'm making the purchase. Also even if the notification did show up in landscape mode, the OTP is in the third line of the message which I doubt will be visible in the notification. Any other ideas? I use SBI card by the way. I found other threads with the same issue as mine: Here and here

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I have auto-rotate "on" in my settings. But the toast notification stays in portrait mode when I'm making the purchase. Also even if the notification did show up in landscape mode, the OTP is in the third line of the message which I doubt will be visible in the notification. Any other ideas? I use SBI card by the way. I found other threads with the same issue as mine: Here and here

well that's sad. I had to enter a verification code for something ( I can't remember what) and turning the phone to landscape helped. That's why I suggested it. Can your bank give you a pin number instead of a otp. That would solve your problem.

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes. The verification code used to work for me too. That's how I used to purchase apps before. Recently, banks have made OTP compulsory for mobile payments.

jaypatel19

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Mainly there are two issues (always),

1. Internet connection - for this step you have to use Wifi or 3G to avoid such kind of errors. Don't try to add Debit card as payment method through computer browser in Microsoft commerce , add it through wallet only.

2. Bank permissions - from Dec 13 RBI applied some rules for international transactions, so contact ur bank & verify that is your card is compatible for international transactions & if yes then plz registered your card to "verified by visa" & then try to add it to wallet.

I hope it'll help you all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills