Apps that have a clock on the live tile?

JHinOC

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I seem to have trouble locating a simple app showing time in a live tile. Sure, the time is on lock screen, but once you get into the Start menu, the time is a tiny little display on the top left corner. Unfortunately, with age it's not always so easy to see the time.

htc's phone has a tile with time/weather be default, but I would to add an app for my Nokia phone that shows time. Is there one? I looked around for clock or time apps and have tried a few, but they all seem to be full screen apps. At this time my primary concern is to get an app that would just display time on a live tile.

Thanks in advance for the help,
JHinOC

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
The short answer is the HTC-exclusive app is the only one. The OS limits how frequently live tiles can update, but since HTC made the phone they can work around the restrictions.

I'm sure others can provide more accurate details, and clarify any alternatives. I'd like one for our Lumia 521, too.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, I heard MS has a restriction on just how "live" a tile can be... 30 minute updates are what devs are limited to for updating the tiles. Kinda not very "live" if you ask me...

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, Ed!

I've seen posts about hacking the phone to install other manufacturers' apps, but I don't know if anyone has installed the HTC app on a Nokia. Maybe we'll find out from someone else either way.