Printing

lancepr

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
What is it going to take to get Microsoft to build some basic printing support into windows phone?
I know all about eprinting, but it's just not available in most places.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
That's one of the things I miss from the iPhone. All those little missing things keep adding up. It always leads to great debates on here but MS needs to step up the pace on features.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Are there Google Cloud Print apps for WP? I never checked. I've found this setup to be the most convenient for me, but I don't use it on my WP so I can't speak for it. You can print from anywhere to any printer set up for it.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Should not not need a google service just to print a word document
It is not as simple as you thought. Printers traditionally require drivers in order to print out anything. Microsoft has always been good at printer driver level interface while let printer manufacturers gone wild on printer implementations. So, without a printer driver, you can't print anything on any printer on Windows echo system.

What Apple does is produces an interface called AirPrint to be implemented on printer itself. So the different implementations can be hidden from the software. The problem is not all the printers support that feature.

Google cloud print did similar thing that use the cloud service to handle this.

Microsoft so that has not introduced this kind of interface that can be implemented on printer side directly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss