IE back button getting stuck on some pages

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been having problems lately with some web sites and the back button on my phone. Some web sites seem to get stuck and the back button won't do anything. The only way to get rid of it is to go to tabs and close the page or send it to the background with the Windows button.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea.... bad websites forcing refreshes. Not the browser's fault, as it happens on mobile or desktop browsers. Sometimes you can quickly and repeatedly press the back button to get out. Otherwise, you're stuck closing out the tab or browser completely.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I get this quite often also. It seems to happen on this phone more than other devices. It rarely happens on my PC and I can't remember ever having this happen on my BB Playbook tablet and I use that ALOT for browsing. I dont think we can blame this on the websites. I frequent the same sites alot. Hell, I'd have to blame WPcentral then...

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It may not be the site at all. Right here on WPCentral, I frequently cannot use the back button on my PC browser, because the back stack has been highly populated by some ad network calls. It makes it so going back isn't an option.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
The only times I see this is like Guzzler mentioned, when the site has a forced refresh and/or redirect happening. So you effectively get sent forward to a new page quickly thus putting you in a back-> redirect->back->redirect loop unless you can spam the back button fast enough. Otherwise close the tab out like discussed. I find this happens mostly using desktop mode vs mobile.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I only see it on those websites that always have to refresh or load ads as stated by Guzzler. I've rarely seen it in any other case.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I get this with nearly every website I visit. More prominently so with Facebook, instagram, & YouTube. But as I said, this happens 95% of the time I use IE, regardless of what site I'm on.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Just to add: I've run into this with IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari on my computer. I've also ran into it on iPhone, Android, BB and my WP8. When I find a site that this happens on, I avoid the site like the plague. Except YouTube (it's so ingrained in society that you HAVE to go there). I run into this issue frequently on YouTube, except when using Chrome.

It's almost getting to the point where I have to run a specific browser to go to specific sites to get things to work properly. Which goes against the whole idea of the WWW.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro