theme problem

hrga007

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to change tile color on my nokia lumia 520 (after update to newest version of windows 8) but when i entered settings and clicked theme its like it entered and then exit so i cant even enter theme options.

So i need you to help me with this :unhappysweat:

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to change tile color on my nokia lumia 520 (after update to newest version of windows 8) but when i entered settings and clicked theme its like it entered and then exit so i cant even enter theme options.

So i need you to help me with this :unhappysweat:

Soft reset the phone (pull battery or hold Down volume + Power). The internal settings kind of run like little apps...and it sounds like it is just stuck in a buggy state. Normally restarting helps pull it out of that. I had something similar happen with the "Phone" button once.

hrga007

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Soft reset the phone (pull battery or hold Down volume + Power). The internal settings kind of run like little apps...and it sounds like it is just stuck in a buggy state. Normally restarting helps pull it out of that. I had something similar happen with the "Phone" button once.
It didn't help me at all, but thanks for trying.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Didn't notice this was your first post! Welcome to WPCentral!

It didn't help me at all, but thanks for trying.

Is theme the ONLY one giving you issues? Ringtones and all the other options still work fine?

I agree with Andy...sounds like you might have to do a hard reset. [Go to Settings -> About -> scroll down to "Reset your phone"] <- this will delete all the data from your phone's apps. The app list will come back and all your contacts and photos will sync over from SkyDrive but you will lose any Photos that are only on the phone and lose progress in your games]

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
What's more, it'll try to redownload all your apps over 3G which can eat up a LOT of your data allowance. Make sure you have a quick access WiFi point (ie. unencrypted) available, and switch to it quickly as soon as you have the chance. It will let you know you should connect to wifi, but will then pop up with a number of notices in an attempt to block you, just cancel all those dialogues as quickly as you can and get that WiFi up or your 3G provider will get a big bonus. Once the apps have downloaded, you can encrypt your WiFi again.

Oh, and all photos and data on your phone will not be lost so long as it's stored on the SD card. If it is in internal flash, it will be wiped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans