Volume Control Has Changed

Anguis

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, folks,

I purchased a Lumia 521 a few weeks ago. I had two volume ranges: 1-10 when I had headphones in, 1-30 otherwise (their texts were also colored differently, red for the 1-10, blue for 1-30).

I updated to GDR2/Amber, yesterday, and have found that things are now limited to the blue 1-30 range, with no difference when I plug in headphones.

I've searched the forums/internet articles and have found that it appears that my former configuration wasn't normal, and that it seems my current situation has been the status quo.

Is this right?

I'm almost tempted to reset to factory settings, just to make sure I hadn't imagined the way things were for the last two weeks. I had been used to it being that way, and, having come from iOS, it seemed the natural way to go. In the last day, I've blasted my headphones and ears twice, having forgotten that things don't lower down when headphones get plugged in, now. It seems that the volume adjustment update is a step in the wrong direction - ear and headphone damage is actually a real hazard, now (at least until I get used to things). It was nice to not have to think about volume the way I have to, now.

By the way, if anyone knows how to change volume via the touchscreen, let me know how - it'd be nice to avoid wear and tear on the buttons.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yup - 1-10 is only for when you're in a call, with or without headphones plugged in. 1-30 is for everything else.

akshayakrishna

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
When i play music on my phone(nokia 925) and if the phone's profile is normal, then the music is not controlled by the volume buttons, but it is the same volume as that of the phones profile. But if it is on silent mode then the music can be controlled by the volume button. Any suggestions to this problem?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Unless you're saying something that I'm not seeing, I don't see a problem. What you describe is by design. The phone does not have a separate profiles for music and other sounds. This is one of the common complaints since the introduction of WP7.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion