Not getting app updates on Lumia 720

manchanp

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
After updating my Lumia 720 to Amber i noticed that i do not get app update notification for installed apps. I have to go to each app and update it. :angry:
Is any one else facing this issue? Any fix for this?

Thanks!

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
The safest way is to delete your phone from your windowsphone.com account and HARD reset it.

Or you use the other methods around the web (google it), but sometimes they dont work for long...

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Try logging into Windowsphone website. Go to Account Settings > Where you see an image of your phone, click Update > Make sure your number is stored correctly without the leading zero and tick the option 'Authorise Microsoft to...............................'

Wait a few days and your updates should start coming through again.

manchanp

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
@agd87 I did it, it doesnt work!
I also had a conversation with Windows phone support over Twitter .. they suggested to remove the live tile..switch off the phone and then pin the tile again. .... but this also is not working and i am really fed up!!

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Also, make sure 'send apps to my phone using push notifications (not sms)' is selected. this is done by going to Settings > Find my phone. To be honest it probably was automatically selected when you soft reset. Not sure what else to suggest, sorry.

manchanp

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Also, make sure 'send apps to my phone using push notifications (not sms)' is selected. this is done by going to Settings > Find my phone. To be honest it probably was automatically selected when you soft reset. Not sure what else to suggest, sorry.

Thanks! I already tried that. It did not work for me.
Read many threads regarding this issue and tried every sugggested solution multiple times.. but still i cant see app update notifications!!

manchanp

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Phew .. Finally!!
Tried alot of things last night and kept Wifi on for whole night ..
In the morning changed country twice and then set the date and time manually.. and then did soft reset.
After 15-20mins i got 31 updates :D
I am not sure which trick worked but i am happy .. i finally saw updates after 30-35days !!

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
aww i'm happy you solved :) on my lumia 720 i don't get updates from more than 3 weeks, i updated to GDR3 hoping in some fix but still the same! Useless to say, i already did all the "already-know" procedure like the ones wrote on this very thread, all useless!

try to read this as the mc donalds slogan: I'm hating it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills