Make copy of photo on the phone?

sakendrick

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Tried searching threads and didn't see anything. Can you make a copy of a photo on the phone? I like cropping and editing while on the phone but often don't want to overwrite the original. I can't find any way of making a copy or "saving as" a different file.

Thanks

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
You can take a screen shot by pressing the power button and start button at the same time

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Only way I can think of is to upload to SkyDrive, then redownload it to your phone so as to find it under Saved Pictures. Less than ideal, I know, but to my knowledge, it's the only real easy way of making copies.

If you have a Lumia 1020, however, you always have access to the original, unedited image, so long as you don't delete it from your camera roll.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
You can take a screen shot by pressing the power button and start button at the same time

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

That's not a good option, as it doesn't save the full quality image, only how much your screen can display (and that of course also depends on what resolution your screen is, so if you have a low res Lumia 520, that's how much you'll get). Whatever you do, don't use this as a means of making copies of your photos. You'd be better off uploading it to Facebook or Instagram, for Pete's sake.

sakendrick

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I do have a 1020. How do you mean I always have access to the original? It seems like it over writes on edit/crop. Let me experiment.

sakendrick

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
If I use Creative Studio to do creative stuff - it saves the new image in Saved Pictures. But if I simply crop, it saves over the original. And that's the whole point... I take pictures with the 41 mega pixel and sometimes I want to zoom and crop a new photo but not write over the full image. Can't figure that out.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
If I use Creative Studio to do creative stuff - it saves the new image in Saved Pictures. But if I simply crop, it saves over the original. And that's the whole point... I take pictures with the 41 mega pixel and sometimes I want to zoom and crop a new photo but not write over the full image. Can't figure that out.

If you use things like the button Crop, Rotate and Auto-Fix, it will replace the copy in the camera roll. When the Camera Roll photo is replaced, simply tap on the text that say, "Capture by Nokia Pro Cam," and it'll instantly take you back to the original. You can just select crop, and then quickly tap save, and your back to where you were before you edited or made changes.

I also recommend using this for your cropping and zooming needs, as it's the only way to take advantage of the lossless zoom after you've snapped the photo. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon