Alternatives to Spotify?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Other than streaming I want offline playlists by subscription, not per-song purchase. Is Spotify the only one to offer this on wp?

Have you looked into Nokia Music or Xbox music? Both offer downloading of songs. I unfortunately can look into it too much currently cause I'm at work and I'm blocked from going to media sites.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
RDIO is my music app of choice. $9.99/mo., unlimited and all...

I actually switched FROM Spotify -- Rdio's catalog is also much bigger.

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Loaning this thread,

any news that one could install Spotify music in SD card? My GF has Lumia 520 and its full in no time with offline songs.

Does Spotify work when using Sport Tracker? She said it was not working while I said that it should work.

Raffaele Zippo

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Loaning this thread,

any news that one could install Spotify music in SD card? My GF has Lumia 520 and its full in no time with offline songs.

Does Spotify work when using Sport Tracker? She said it was not working while I said that it should work.
Read somewhere that SD card is read-only in wp8, so the app can't write to it.

Raffaele Zippo

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Have you looked into Nokia Music or Xbox music? Both offer downloading of songs. I unfortunately can look into it too much currently cause I'm at work and I'm blocked from going to media sites.

For what I got, Nokia Music does allow offline for mix radios, but not custom playlists like Spotify.
The Xbox music pass doesn't allow offline playing in Windows Phone, only Windows 8.

ElNino77

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
For what I got, Nokia Music does allow offline for mix radios, but not custom playlists like Spotify.
The Xbox music pass doesn't allow offline playing in Windows Phone, only Windows 8.
I download almost all of the music I listen to from Xbox Music on my WP (Lumia 1020) so I don't think that bit is accurate.

Raffaele Zippo

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
RDIO is my music app of choice. $9.99/mo., unlimited and all...

I actually switched FROM Spotify -- Rdio's catalog is also much bigger.
From the description on the site, it seems just identical to Spotify, even the price!
I'll try it as soon as my trial month with Spotify expires :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720