WP8 Restore function is pathetic

liamjanin

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The most frustrating thing about WP8 is the fact that you cannot use wifi to sign in to a microsoft account when you do a first setup, let alone the fact that if you dont restore on first boot you can restore at all unless you wipe your phone again.

Can anyone think why after over 2 years of the same problem this has not been fixed? I buy a new 1020 and I can't use it because for some reason I have to log in with cellular data. Unfortunately if you dont live in america, nokias are very bad at getting APN data to be able to connect to 3G. I always have to add it manually unless I want to be stuck on Edge.

I cant help but think that this is all to do with activation and data gatherin on microsofts end. Either way its extremely frustrating and whoever is responsible for this particular process should really be sacked. Unless he/she was 2 years ago and they forgot to replace him.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The most frustrating thing about WP8 is the fact that you cannot use wifi to sign in to a microsoft account when you do a first setup, let alone the fact that if you dont restore on first boot you can restore at all unless you wipe your phone again.

Can anyone think why after over 2 years of the same problem this has not been fixed? I buy a new 1020 and I can't use it because for some reason I have to log in with cellular data. Unfortunately if you dont live in america, nokias are very bad at getting APN data to be able to connect to 3G. I always have to add it manually unless I want to be stuck on Edge.

I cant help but think that this is all to do with activation and data gatherin on microsofts end. Either way its extremely frustrating and whoever is responsible for this particular process should really be sacked. Unless he/she was 2 years ago and they forgot to replace him.

Not really, I could sign up with wifi without any problems :s.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

when i can dump the entire phone, as an image, to a micro sdcard (or usb drive, or whatever flash available), reinsert said sdcard to a -new- device and dump the image to the -new- device,

then

i'll consider it a backup. everything else is not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro