Camera roll can't read from microSD

ShocWave

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I swapped out my microSD card, and now nothing shows up on my camera roll.
When I take pictures, I can't swipe back to browse through the images I just took.
I need to plug my phone into the computer to view the images, same with screenshots.

I've played around with the settings for a good half hour now, but I still can't get anything to show up in the camera roll.
I read that some people got it working again with a hard reset, but that isn't an option for me because I want to keep all my game progress.

Any ideas?

ShocWave

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, many times.
The SD card can be read and written to no problem on the phone.
All apps can access the contents, excempt the pictures and recorded videos.
If I want to view the pictures I've taken, I need to plug into a PC.

I tried 5 different microSD cards, including some that are brand new.
Pictures, music, and videos show up as using 0 bytes, and are instead added to the "other" category.

Last edited:

ShocWave

May 13, 2012
Visit site
It's already set to that.
Like I said before, all new pictures and videos are saved on the microSD.
But, they don't show up in the camera roll. Once I take a picture, I can't swipe backwards to see the picture I just took.
I need to plug the phone in to my computer or use a card reader to view the images.

Geon Lee

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm facing the same problem.
Ever since the update that I've got, automatically (not sure when exact date it was, but it was the latest), I am no longer to take pictures and view them.
Samsung Ativ S Neo, Sprint.

Whenever I try to save images/medias to the SD card, I cannot view them.
I can browse the SD card with PC and I can see them fine.
My phone, however, cannot read them.

I tried formatting and it's the same.

Camera roll or Saved Pictures album is empty although i've taken many pictures and saved several.
Music is also empty.

Help! Thank you!

ChefMikeDFW

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Since I'm on Verizon, I still do not have the GDR3 update and Nokia recently put out an update for the extras and info. After I applied that update, I removed the SD card to verify my files (since I also experience the duplicated photos bug) and back it up to a PC. After I put the SD card back in, all photos and podcasts no longer show in their respective hubs. I even bought a brand new SD card (16GB Class 10) and took one photo and nothing shows in the photo hub/camera roll.

I think it's time to hard reset the phone...again.

Definitely not the experience I was hoping for when I picked Windows Phone.

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I've had this problem, both on an L620 and an ATIV S, which leads me to believe it's a Windows problem, not a phone problem. It happened most recently after I hard reset my ATIV. The phone no longer sees the Camera Roll pictures on the SD Card (I didn't reformat the SD Card, the pictures are still there, and are visible when connected to a computer), and only displays the ones that have been taken since the reset. Likewise, the Favorites and Photos folder (which contains other pictures I'd transferred to the phone) have "disappeared" although the files are still on the card and can be opened using Files.

Storage Sense indicates there are only six pictures totaling 66 MB on the card (the number I've taken sice the reset). In reality there are 800, totaling several gigabytes.

This has happened under 8.0, 8.1, and now 8.11.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss