Full charge alert

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
When I put my phone on my wireless charger it makes that charging sound when it touches the base. After some time of the charger I here the same sound again. I think its telling me that the battery is at full charge. I noticed this after the GDR2 update.

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps, but it never did it before.
It's also very annoying when it happens in the middle of the night.
How to turn off????

drderbydog

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I am having this same problem on my Lumia 920 since applying the new Amber update. I put my phone on the wireless charging plate by my bed as does my wife. When I am sleeping I don't really care what time my phone reaches full charge!!! It's twice as bad because our phones are never in the same state of charge so mine may chime at 3AM and hers at 4AM. This is a neat feature but it needs to be able to be turned off!

Jerrydj

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
It's may be normal but it did not occur before the update. There was an immediate and definite change that caused the chime to occur repeatedly through the night. I turn ring off when going to bed now to silence it.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It's not a full charge alert. The wireless charger stops charging once the battery is full. As the phone uses power in standby, it reaches whatever point of discharge in the battery that it starts charging again. The alert you hear is when it is starting to charge again. The only solution I know of is to charge wired at night. That's what I do. My nightstand is the only place I charge by wire anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes