High Resolution Pictures in Search

ejweber

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
When I first purchased my Verizon HTC 8X, the Bing image search feature (accessed from the search button) would show me very nice looking, high resolution images. As of a couple of months ago, all I get are grainy, low resolution images.

As far as I can tell, I have done nothing to warrant this change. A GDR2 update and a hard reset later, I still have the issue. Any ideas?

ejweber

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
On a possibly related note, all online image search engines, most notably Google, deliver low resolution images to Internet Explorer as well. I am on WiFi.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Have you clicked on the picture and finished waiting for it to load? The loading dots appear on the top screen and then a high-res image is served.
For Google's image search through IE, for high-res image you have to click on Full Size Image.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Not to revive a dead thread, but the OP's case was mine as well for a long time. As of today, the images are now sharp again, and I wonder if it has anything to do with the new Bing that was released alongside Windows 8.1. Whatever the case, I'm happy the images are crisp again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb