Charge Complete Alert. How to turn off?

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I just updated my Nokia 820 to GDR2. Now the phone wakes up and send an alert when the battery is charged. It didn't do this before.

It is very annoying in the middle of the night. How do I turn off the Charge Complete alert??

Thanks

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it's not a battery app you installed that sends these notifications? I don't recall ever seeing those notifications natively.

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I do have a battery app installed. But notifications are turned off in the app. I will delete the app and see if that changes things.

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
OK, I think I know the events which cause the 820 to randomly wake up and "ding" after the GDR2 update.

When I initially set the 820 on the charging stand it "dings" and charges to 100%. Then the charger goes in Standby mode where it checks the phone occasionally to see if it needs a charge (the charging base light comes on for 10-20 secs). If the phone is still at 100%, or close to it, the charging base returns to Standby mode. After some time the phone charge drops a couple percent and the charging base detects it needs to add a charge and the charging base light comes on and stays on. The phone enters charging mode.

Here is what's different from before. Previously, when the phone entered charging mode from the base, after already being fully charged before, the phone didn't wake up and "ding" again. Now the phone wakes up and "dings" every time the charging base puts the phone is charging mode. This can happen 2 or 3 times overnight. VERY ANNOYING!!

I don't know if this happens with the charging cable since I only use wireless chargers. Where can we let Nokia/Microsoft know about this new bug????

budja

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with the L920. Noticed first with GDR 2 and it is still an issue after I upgraded to GDR 3. I used to love leaving the phone on the upright wireless charging base, but it is really irritating hearing notifications in the middle of the night. If anyone knows how to fix this that would be amazing.

donrosenzweig

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the L920 and first noticed the problem the night after updating to GDR3. The sound played is the charge initiation alert. It has happened with my wireless charger, waking me two or three times a night. I'm going to try with wired charging but I bet the problem will not be solved. I'm guessing it's a software update problem.

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I never noticed this issue because I never use my phone on ringing... it's always on vibrate, so it doesn't produce sounds.
If you don't need your phone to ring during the night, you could put it on vibrate to workaround this problem.
Anyway, I agree that it should be fixed asap.

budja

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I never noticed this issue because I never use my phone on ringing... it's always on vibrate, so it doesn't produce sounds.
If you don't need your phone to ring during the night, you could put it on vibrate to workaround this problem.
Anyway, I agree that it should be fixed asap.

I've done this and it is definitely much better than it was, but I guess I'm a light sleeper because the buzzing still wakes me up every now and then. Does anyone now if there is an official forum to report these type of bugs to microsoft? I can't understand how this feature got through testing (on both GDR2+3!) without the ability to turn it off.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I never would have known lol my phone can't wake me up! Hell I wake up some mornings laying on the ground (yes I do fall out of bed).

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
OK, I think I know the events which cause the 820 to randomly wake up and "ding" after the GDR2 update.

When I initially set the 820 on the charging stand it "dings" and charges to 100%. Then the charger goes in Standby mode where it checks the phone occasionally to see if it needs a charge (the charging base light comes on for 10-20 secs). If the phone is still at 100%, or close to it, the charging base returns to Standby mode. After some time the phone charge drops a couple percent and the charging base detects it needs to add a charge and the charging base light comes on and stays on. The phone enters charging mode.

Here is what's different from before. Previously, when the phone entered charging mode from the base, after already being fully charged before, the phone didn't wake up and "ding" again. Now the phone wakes up and "dings" every time the charging base puts the phone is charging mode. This can happen 2 or 3 times overnight. VERY ANNOYING!!

I don't know if this happens with the charging cable since I only use wireless chargers. Where can we let Nokia/Microsoft know about this new bug????

You've hit the nail on the head. This is what's happening - the charger cycles according to the needs of the battery, and each time it starts charging, it'll make the charging sound. I get this in the car where I'm using wireless charging, while streaming podcasts or using navigation. At the bedside, I use wired charging, so I don't have this issue. It is a wireless-only issue.

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.

I just got the new Windows Phone update (GDR3) with Nokia Black over the weekend. It looks like Microsoft or Nokia has fixed the charging issue I posted originally. Yaay! Now I can use my wireless charger on my nightstand again.

I guess I just wish it hadn't taken almost 4 months to fix.......

Maxmin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte