people are talking GDR3 while I'm still talking GDR2

qudahamohammad

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
people help! I have a Nokia Lumia 920 and I am dying to get the GDR2 update.

Nokia says that GDR2 in my country (Jordan) but I've never received a notification and everytime that I check for an update, it says that my phone is up to date. help?

Availability in Middle East - Nokia

scroll down to Jordan and see yourself.

Is there any type of manual installation from PC or what?

thank, in advance.

TechyMexican

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
oh sorry, then honestly, complain to your carrier. I think many of us here on wpcentral just installed GDR3 on our phones and stuck the finger out at AT&T and Verizon. If anything goes wrong with your phone, I honestly don't believe Nokia will deny your request for a warranty support, just don't say you installed it.

qudahamohammad

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
oh sorry, then honestly, complain to your carrier. I think many of us here on wpcentral just installed GDR3 on our phones and stuck the finger out at AT&T and Verizon. If anything goes wrong with your phone, I honestly don't believe Nokia will deny your request for a warranty support, just don't say you installed it.

they need carrier approve for unlocked phones? wow.

I am afraid that it will go wrong because I am bad to work with technology stuff and I seriously do not know what to do at the moment. I soo want that "x" to close apps and the double tap to wake :'(.

Vistaus

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

Since when does a carrier approve a country variant (unlocked+unbranded)? That's news to me.

You guys need to stop this. There's a bunch of you out there screaming "don't blame Nokia, blame your carrier, yadda yadda yadda". For the last time: Nokia handles country variants, NOT carriers.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I bought it 4 months ago so I think that I have plenty left!

well, the only way to get either GDR2 or 3 is to (possibly) violate the warranty and load an OS your carrier didn't approve. I really don't think carriers are going to deny replacement devices cause of this. Most won't even know.

You're just going to have to weigh it out.

Have you tried to contact your carrier a see if they have a date to release GDR2 yet?

Mantraxalos

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
ya m7md, I agree with blackula, most carriers won't even know if its been updated. WP doesn't offer much in the way of ROM flashing.

well, the only way to get either GDR2 or 3 is to (possibly) violate the warranty and load an OS your carrier didn't approve. I really don't think carriers are going to deny replacement devices cause of this. Most won't even know.

You're just going to have to weigh it out.

Have you tried to contact your carrier a see if they have a date to release GDR2 yet?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You can't get the GDR3 preview until you get GDR2. Strange that you don't have the update. Do you know if your phone is carrier branded at all? Maybe you bought the phone unlocked online and it didn't originate in Jordan? Otherwise you can flash your phone to GDR2, but you'll have to look up the steps in the 920 sub-forum.

qudahamohammad

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
so I called my carrier (Zain). They do not know what GDR2 is, and the man also told me that they do not control updates sent to Windows Phone 8. wut.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12