Downgrade Back to GDR2 Amber From GDR3 Preview, Here's How

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok. So everyone wants to try the GDR3 Developers Preview... But some of you may be hesitant because of fear that something wrong may happen; that some of your apps will stop working; and that your Lumia's WARRANTY may be VOIDED.

Well fear not...

It got me thinking... Since the Nokia Care Suite allows us to update, downgrade or do a parallel flash of our Lumia phones - as long as we have the correct firmware, why can't I downgrade back to GDR2?

I tried it, and it worked :evil:

Downgrade your Nokia Lumia from GDR3 Preview Back to GDR2 Amber | BlinkThinks in Binaries

Fear Not. Fire Away! :winktongue:

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
will I get the warranty back after downgrading ?

Nokia/your carrier has no idea you flashed the phone unless you explicitly tell them. Or they try using it. Don't worry about warranty. If you have a hardware issue, they definitely won't deny you for warranty. My carrier doesn't even check the phone. They just stuff it in a box and send it away, after giving you a new phone :)

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok. So everyone wants to try the GDR3 Developers Preview... But some of you may be hesitant because of fear that something wrong may happen; that some of your apps will stop working; and that your Lumia's WARRANTY may be VOIDED.

Well fear not...

It got me thinking... Since the Nokia Care Suite allows us to update, downgrade or do a parallel flash of our Lumia phones - as long as we have the correct firmware, why can't I downgrade back to GDR2?

Downgrade your Nokia Lumia from GDR3 Preview Back to GDR2 Amber | BlinkThinks in Binaries

FYI Nokia Care Suite doesn't recognize the Lumia 810 for all you 810 owners who don't want GDR3 -so you're stuck with it, me ? I happy with it so far.

Navin nl

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
NSU shows 1030.6407.1308.0002. for my nokia lumia 620.
Installed GDR2 and Amber and now installed GDR3..........
I have some issues after updating to firmware 3046........ so I went to nokia care and they flashed with Malasian firmware and the problem still exists.
originally my phone had Indian firmware and now I don't have some ringtones, apps etc.
NSU shows version as above.
My question is 'can I install that version'

Navin nl

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Successfully Downgraded GDR3 to release before GDR2 and amber
now firmware version as 1030.6407.1308.0002 and 8.0.10211.xx with the help of NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER 4.1.0

appy1907

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
can you please tell me how to downgrade back to 1030.6407.1308.0002 version?? i upgraded my 520 with NSU and facing some problems with battery and proximity sensor..rebooting my phone did not help

Socheat Sok

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Well fear not...

So is there any way i can get Nokia Pro Cam back, using Nokia Camera (Updated of Pro Cam) is not working on my Lumia 720.

KnightOfAnfala

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Q> Will the phone retain the info that you updated to GDR3 preview once the GDR3 preview becomes officially installed into said phone? Or will it be as if you never tried the preview at all? I am worried about the warranty thing, but I am currently enjoying GDR3 too much to want to downgrade to GDR2...

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You didn't lose your warranty, so it would technically be impossible to get it back. Microsoft said that you "MAY" void the warranty. That's Microsoft lawyers covering their butts. Microsoft didn't make the phone, so they aren't a party to the warranty, so they have no voice in saying whether the warranty is void or not due to the upgrade.
will I get the warranty back after downgrading ?

There is absolutely no reason to downgrade once upgraded successfully, as the developer preview is the exact same build that will otherwise get shipped whenever the carriers let it go. Sprint has already let it out into the wild for the HTC 8XT. So you'll gain nothing by downgrading, and you'll lose your data in the process. If your upgrade was successful, there's no reason to downgrade. If it wasn't successful (bricked the phone) the carrier isn't going to put forth the effort to find out why - they're just going to replace it.

Sasvat Jain

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Successfully Downgraded GDR3 to release before GDR2 and amber
now firmware version as 1030.6407.1308.0002 and 8.0.10211.xx with the help of NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER 4.1.0

How did you do this? I am also wanting to do this.. My digitizer isn't working with GDR2 and GDR3.. I am currently on the Lumia Black firmware..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos