How do I update the picture on my "Me" live tile?

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I updated to my profile picture on both Outlook and Facebook about 2-3 weeks ago, but my picture on my "Me" live tile remains my old one. I tried to update the picture in the app (it asked me if I wanted to post to Outlook or Facebook, but they already have the new picture so I unchecked those boxes and tried to save it anyway, but it hasn't changed the picture.

Graven Pshya

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I had that problem a while back. From what I remember, I went to the actual Outlook.com site and went to my profile and changed the picture again from there.. Hope this helps.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I had that problem a while back. From what I remember, I went to the actual Outlook.com site and went to my profile and changed the picture again from there.. Hope this helps.

That is the way I ooriginally changed it, and if I log on there now it shoes my new picture, but my Me tile still shoes my old one.

Harsh Gaurav

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Yup,I have the same problem and originally there is no solution for it because it is a Ms server related problem and MS can only fix it... 😒

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hmm..

I did happen to change (well, forgot and reset) my Facebook password this morning. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Can't harm to change your Facebook password, it'll force you to reconnect to your Microsoft account. Maybe that will restart the sync.

invictus_7

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Can't harm to change your Facebook password, it'll force you to reconnect to your Microsoft account. Maybe that will restart the sync.

so what? Every time I want to change my profile pic I have to change my password too?? Naaaah. (in settings-->accounts everything is up-to-date!!!)

Selfie13

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same problem, I've tried it all, but nothing will work. MIine has only been stuck for about a week, but yet every other device I own (Win8 laptops, 2 other Win Phone 7's) have correctly synced my new profile pic. Like someone said above, its gotta be a server side issue, didnt think of that until I just read it, but makes complete sense.

Harsh Gaurav

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Man there a solution for it,u go to fb via desktop and then in your Profile picture (album) set your current profile pic again as (make this my profile pic) and done!

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue too, but read a solution in another thread that solves the issue. The root of the problem is that the Me tile picks up whatever photo is the album cover photo in your FB profile album. There used to be a way to designate the album cover photo for your profile album in FB, but no longer. So log into FB on a computer, go to your profile album, select a photo that is already there, click on the edit button and select that photo as your profile photo. Not only will it make that photo your FB profile, it will make the selected photo your profile album cover, and your Me tile will soon pick that up and change.

invictus_7

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, ok.. But why in the hell should I have to do all that stuff to update the tile, when other people tiles update automatically when they change their pic?? It doesn't make any sense to me really..

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I didn't do anything special but my me tile just updated a second ago maybe the problem just got fixed

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99