Vibrate and ring rather than vibrate then ring

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Any idea whether MS is looking to change this with 8.1? Really annoying this, as I tend to miss quite a few calls when in a noisy environment.

Don't understand the logic behind the way they chose to implement this to be honest.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You want it to ring and vibrate at the same time? It does already?

It vibrates and then rings...but it doesn't do it together (similarly for notifications/texts, it vibrates and then you hear the sound, but it doesn't happen together). Not sure why it's done like that, but I agree it'd be better if it continued to vibrate when on 'vibrate and ring'.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Check again, it vibrates two times, then it just continues without vibration. This is such a fail i have no words.. and it's not mentioned anywhere to be fixed for 8.1.

Ok, I understand. I didn't even ever payed attention to that even after three lumia's...simply because it is kind of trivial.
If it were the other way around, and the sound would cut while vibrating, that would have been really annoying, which is what I first understood what was happening to your ringtones...

Preferences vary, so for some it may understandibly be a huge bummer getting only two vibes, but for me personally vibe is supposed to be felt, and imo if you don't feel it the first two times, you won't feel it anyway.
The sound is to be heard, and as long as that don't cut, if you haven't felt it, you'll hear it. Also, more vibes would eat more battery, so maybe that's how you could try to see a positive side in it.
Don't actually know why they made it that way...

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
OMG man that is so wrong.. offcourse i might not feel those first two times, sometimes if you're in a bus or a busy street, there's no way you'll hear the ringtone so it needs to keep on vibrating, you know, like it always did for 20 years now

anon(5348929)

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be a Nokia problem rather than a Windows Phone problem: my Nokia stops vibrating after two times, while my brother's 8X keeps on vibrating the whole time. I think the 8X's behaviour makes much more sense.

//Edit: I read a little more about it. It seems, it vibrates every time the ringtone repeats. So, if you want it to vibrate all the time, choose a very short ringtone. Perhaps my brother has a short ringtone, and it's Windows Phone thing after all ;-)

Last edited:

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
//Edit: I read a little more about it. It seems, it vibrates every time the ringtone repeats. So, if you want it to vibrate all the time, choose a very short ringtone. Perhaps my brother has a short ringtone, and it's Windows Phone thing after all ;-)

Interesting, thanks.

redkanji

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, the phone vibrates at the beginning of the ringtone. So, if you have very short tone, it will vibrate more often.

mykd83

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My options screen for Ringtones + Sounds menu doesn't look like that!! I only have an On/Off for Vibrate, nothing about "vibrate while ringing" or anything

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz