Alarm doesn't sound?

twelvetudors

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Frequently my Lumia 1020's alarm will go off, display the drop down notification panel, but not play the actual alarm. This is obviously incredibly frustrating and it happened on my 900 as well. I initially assumed it was a wp7 problem but it has persisted to wp8. Does anybody have a similar situation or any advice?

Psycmeistr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Frequently my Lumia 1020's alarm will go off, display the drop down notification panel, but not play the actual alarm. This is obviously incredibly frustrating and it happened on my 900 as well. I initially assumed it was a wp7 problem but it has persisted to wp8. Does anybody have a similar situation or any advice?

Are you giving it time to sound before canceling it? Usually the drop-down notification panel precedes an audible alarm by 5-10 seconds or so, and the alarm is very soft in volume at first, and the volume steadily increases until it is reset.. Also, is it an actual set alarm you are talking about, or are you talking about reminders?

twelvetudors

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Are you giving it time to sound before canceling it? Usually the drop-down notification panel precedes an audible alarm by 5-10 seconds or so, and the alarm is very soft in volume at first, and the volume steadily increases until it is reset.. Also, is it an actual set alarm you are talking about, or are you talking about reminders?

No I'll wake up on my own five or ten minutes later or occasionally even hours later. The alarm drop down will be there, but no sound will be playing. I'm referring to an alarm set from the alarm app in windows phone, nothing regarding the calendar.

Psycmeistr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Maybe this is a stupid question, but is the volume on the handset turned all the way up?

Otherwise this is definitely a puzzle to me, too-

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Sounds strange to me as well. The alarm has been very reliable for me on my 822 so long as I remember to turn the volume up so I can hear it. Have you tried different alarm sounds?

NumberTwentySix

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, my alarm is doing the exact same thing. I have an htc. Thank God I woke up on my own this morning, or I would have been late to work. I got a software update last night at about this time, and for ~ 24 hours I had the following issues:

-alarm didn't make the sounds it thought it was making (it made none)
-I couldn't hear anyone over the phone (and it would not let me hit speaker phone, it just didn't acknowledge that I was trying to hit the button, and this was not when it was "dialing" it was when it was "ringing")
-I was not allowed to play youtube videos (something about a file not allowed on my device; I am just now able to play these). This was even after refreshing, which had worked in the past

I made no changes in volume or anything like that. 30 minutes ago I attempted 2 phone calls with the same issues. while typing this out, I attempted to play a video on youtube, and it worked! and now everything works.

I don't know if these were related to the update, but they were frustrating.

This phone has been pretty irritating since I got it. My brother has the same phone and doesn't have any of my issues, he has a number of other ones. Like when is phone is charging, if he receives a text message / news update / touches the phone, it stops charging. Which is less than convenient.

Have had the phone for about a month, and am thinking about going back to the droid.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
WP8 is designed where the alarm ignores the system volume (to prevent those times when you have the volume low before bed and forget to turn it up). I've never had the alarm fail to sound on my 8xt. Are you using custom tones, or picking from the stock list?

Typolisa

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Happened to me today, has happened once before.

Alarm goes off, but no sound. It went off at 7.45, I woke up (luckily) at 8.05 and the drop downs were there (snooze/dismiss). Same sound and volume as always. I also noticed it didn't make a sound when a text message came through - so I think the whole phone just went silent.

I re-started it and everything was back to normal - but I was still 35mins late for work (I missed my fast train before anyone says I should have only been 20mins late!)!

VERY annoying. If you can't trust your alarm to make a sound it's not a very relaxing nights sleep!!!

notechie

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
L

I had similar problem. Rebooted phone and problem was fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos