Windows Phone 8 in corporate environment help please (Live ID's)......

Tomohawk

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I am currently looking at rolling out Nokia 720's running WP8 to around 80 users. To manage the devices I am trialling Sophos Mobile Control 3.5.

Is there any way with WP8 to provide a corporate Windows Live ID (or other variation) to all the devices? Otherwise we are left to adding personal Live ID's which then annoyingly looks to link direct to a personal Sky Drive which we have no control over?

Thanks in advance

Tom

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I would personally contact someone at MS to see if they can help you. I'm assuming you've already been here: Windows Phone 8 for business | Windows Phone (United Kingdom)

One of the threads from a while back had another person trying to use WP for enterprise. They mentioned they couldn't turn off Skydrive, not sure if it had anything to do with Live accounts or not. It was deciding factor for them not to go to WP.

It's possible that things have changed recently or that MS has a different way of looking at things in regards to mobile phones for enterprise.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Another point I'd like to make is that MS states in their documentation that WP is a cloud based phone. If you're company has issues with cloud services (like mine) then it may not be the phone for you unless there is some sort of protection built in that I don't know of. I'm not and administrator and though I do understand their documentation it is a touch confusing to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea