Video Apps in Windows Phone Store

Sashank Mishra

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I think this topic has been discussed many times, still we don't get anything from Microsoft.

To be frank, I am a die hard fan of Windows Phone 8. I really like the built-in video app in WP 8.
But it comes with some less features. And we don't see any significant Video app in store.

My question is, why Microsoft not improving its built-in app to have more features and support more codecs for all WP devices? And if it does not, then why there are no video apps like MX Player? And why the hell, when we download a video, it has to b accessed from the app that downloaded it, instead of getting it in the videos section of Music+Videos app?? We cannot even share the stored videos unless we have to plug in the usb cable.

I think its high-time now and Microsoft must understand this and do the needful as it has been working hard for improving the OS.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Video trimmer(s)
BTW Samsung's is better than Nokia's
and I can share any video I make: Messaging, Facebook, Outlook and use Nokia Video Upload for You Tube.
I would like to see a setting for B&W.

Sashank Mishra

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Video trimmer(s)
BTW Samsung's is better than Nokia's
and I can share any video I make: Messaging, Facebook, Outlook and use Nokia Video Upload for You Tube.
I would like to see a setting for B&W.

Thanks for the suggestion. But I am asking for a video player app. Not a trimmer or streaming app.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The reason is it won't be too useful right now when 3rd party apps can only access its own files in isolated storage. Once the API is opened up more like Windows 8 to allow access to video library, you will see tons of apps. Yx Player app have to setup a private FTP server in order to sync video files.

Sashank Mishra

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The reason is it won't be too useful right now when 3rd party apps can only access its own files in isolated storage. Once the API is opened up more like Windows 8 to allow access to video library, you will see tons of apps. Yx Player app have to setup a private FTP server in order to sync video files.

This is exactly my point. Why is the API not opened? What is the problem if it is provided to developers for preparing third party video app as ultimately it will be Microsoft who will decide which app to be published and which not to be.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

kirik sd viewer can be used to plat mkv videos.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks dude for the info...hope it happens soon. May I know the source?

VLC has crowd funded the project to make VLC player apps for both Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. But if you are in US, don't be surprised if the apps are not available. Its Android app is only available outside of US in Google play store.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
VLC has crowd funded the project to make VLC player apps for both Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. But if you are in US, don't be surprised if the apps are not available. Its Android app is only available outside of US in Google play store.

Thats not a problem with WP. We cam change the region and download the app easily.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2