Hi guys,

I think this topic has been discussed many times, still we don't get anything from Microsoft.

To be frank, I am a die hard fan of Windows Phone 8. I really like the built-in video app in WP 8.
    But it comes with some less features. And we don't see any significant Video app in store.

My question is, why Microsoft not improving its built-in app to have more features and support more codecs for all WP devices? And if it does not, then why there are no video apps like MX Player? And why the hell, when we download a video, it has to b accessed from the app that downloaded it, instead of getting it in the videos section of Music+Videos app?? We cannot even share the stored videos unless we have to plug in the usb cable.

I think its high-time now and Microsoft must understand this and do the needful as it has been working hard for improving the OS.
    JRDEMASKUS likes this.
    10-17-2013 12:42 PM
    Video trimmer(s)
    BTW Samsung's is better than Nokia's
    and I can share any video I make: Messaging, Facebook, Outlook and use Nokia Video Upload for You Tube.
    I would like to see a setting for B&W.
    10-17-2013 01:43 PM
    Video trimmer(s)
    BTW Samsung's is better than Nokia's
    and I can share any video I make: Messaging, Facebook, Outlook and use Nokia Video Upload for You Tube.
    I would like to see a setting for B&W.
    Thanks for the suggestion. But I am asking for a video player app. Not a trimmer or streaming app.
    10-17-2013 01:51 PM
    Yx player supports almost all popular formats but you will have to use pocket fille manager to get it work.
    10-17-2013 02:34 PM
    The reason is it won't be too useful right now when 3rd party apps can only access its own files in isolated storage. Once the API is opened up more like Windows 8 to allow access to video library, you will see tons of apps. Yx Player app have to setup a private FTP server in order to sync video files.
    10-17-2013 03:00 PM
    The reason is it won't be too useful right now when 3rd party apps can only access its own files in isolated storage. Once the API is opened up more like Windows 8 to allow access to video library, you will see tons of apps. Yx Player app have to setup a private FTP server in order to sync video files.
    This is exactly my point. Why is the API not opened? What is the problem if it is provided to developers for preparing third party video app as ultimately it will be Microsoft who will decide which app to be published and which not to be.
    10-17-2013 04:31 PM

kirik sd viewer can be used to plat mkv videos.
    10-17-2013 11:04 PM
    VLC is very close to releasing an official app for WP8. That will be THE reference app for video play.
    Sashank Mishra likes this.
    10-18-2013 09:55 AM
    VLC is very close to releasing an official app for WP8. That will be THE reference app for video play.
    Thanks dude for the info...hope it happens soon. May I know the source?
    10-18-2013 10:23 AM
    kirik sd viewer can be used to plat mkv videos.
    Not all WP phones have SD cards.
    10-18-2013 01:53 PM
    Thanks dude for the info...hope it happens soon. May I know the source?
    VLC has crowd funded the project to make VLC player apps for both Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. But if you are in US, don't be surprised if the apps are not available. Its Android app is only available outside of US in Google play store.
    10-18-2013 01:56 PM
    VLC has crowd funded the project to make VLC player apps for both Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. But if you are in US, don't be surprised if the apps are not available. Its Android app is only available outside of US in Google play store.

Thats not a problem with WP. We cam change the region and download the app easily.
    10-18-2013 02:08 PM