So, as the title mentions, my phone all of a sudden is not getting detected on my laptop.not-detecting.jpg

as the in the image, it just gives an error in the device manager and is inaccessible.

I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall the phone's drivers on the laptop but it was in-vain as it doesnt work.

Any help except for resetting the phone would be appreciated as I tried that too.

Ps. The phone charges when I'm connecting it to the laptop and I tried different cables too.
    10-18-2013 02:56 AM
    Try a soft reset, restart your computer, connect the phone to a different computer and try a different usb port too :)
    My laptop has 1 bad port, phone charges, but nothing shows up. It supplies power but not enough to drag a monster truck out of a sand pit, yours might be the same case.
    Try to reinstall the USB port's drivers.

Ahh, i see you are a fan on my comics hs k guy, my response will ease your pain as if someone applied balm gently on your head.
    If it doesn't let me apply some pressure.
    10-18-2013 03:13 AM
    Try a soft reset, restart your computer, connect the phone to a different computer and try a different usb port too :)
    My laptop has 1 bad port, phone charges, but nothing shows up. It supplies power but not enough to drag a monster truck out of a sand pit, yours might be the same case.
    Try to reinstall the USB port's drivers.

Ahh, i see you are a fan on my comics hs k guy, my response will ease your pain as if someone applied balm gently on your head.
    If it doesn't let me apply some pressure.
    Thanks, dude..but I forgot to mention that I tried all that, but it won't still work.

The phone went into ninja mode somehow last night all of a sudden.
    10-18-2013 03:24 AM
    Ok Mr. Ninja Mode, how about trying a different computer?
    A completely random computer?
    Also try to boot in ninja mode and connect, see if that helps

Ninja mode = Safe Mode
    10-18-2013 03:26 AM
    Ok Mr. Ninja Mode, how about trying a different computer?
    A completely random computer?
    Also try to boot in ninja mode and connect, see if that helps

Ninja mode = Safe Mode
    Well....I got it to work. Uninstalled the drivers again and re-installed WinUSB, then forced the laptop to detect the phone again using Device manager.

It kinda got detected automatically.
    10-18-2013 03:41 AM
    Well....I got it to work. Uninstalled the drivers again and re-installed WinUSB, then forced the laptop to detect the phone again using Device manager.

It kinda got detected automatically.
    Send me my Fees $1.7 million, VAT Extra.
    Enjoy your phone Ninja ;)
    10-18-2013 04:09 AM
    Sent an amount of $1.78 million, to the Cayman Islands account no. *********************789.

Sensei arigatōgozaimasu.
    10-18-2013 02:31 PM
    I have had a couple times where it didn't detect I think one of my cables isn't perfect, I do find switching usb ports usually helps.
    10-18-2013 03:40 PM
    I have had a couple times where it didn't detect I think one of my cables isn't perfect, I do find switching usb ports usually helps.
    So its your laptop that is a lemon, I usually reinstall USB drivers for peace of mind.
    10-19-2013 02:33 AM
    I got this pal,

hs k, press your start button, over there search for device manager.
    Once you do that click on the device manager button.
    It opens up giving a list of all connected devices, make sure you have your phone connected.
    You will probably see your WP with an exclamation mark.
    right click it, and click uninstall.
    And then reconnect your device. Windows then will automatically re install your drivers and detect your phone.

Regards
    -Ash

P.S. If you cant find your phone under portable devices in Device Manager, then I suggest you try replacing your cable.
    10-19-2013 04:43 AM
    I got this pal,

hs k, press your start button, over there search for device manager.
    Once you do that click on the device manager button.
    It opens up giving a list of all connected devices, make sure you have your phone connected.
    You will probably see your WP with an exclamation mark.
    right click it, and click uninstall.
    And then reconnect your device. Windows then will automatically re install your drivers and detect your phone.

Regards
    -Ash

P.S. If you cant find your phone under portable devices in Device Manager, then I suggest you try replacing your cable.

A fault cable wasn't the problem. The problem was that the drivers were not getting installed properly.
    I have around 4-5 cables lying around me all the time, so I was able to verify it.

The solution was to uninstall the drivers (MTP and the RM-885 stuff) and remove winusb completely and reconnect the phone, allow it to install drivers, manually force the computer to scan and install it.

Or else hard-*******-reset.
    10-19-2013 01:33 PM
    A fault cable wasn't the problem. The problem was that the drivers were not getting installed properly.
    I have around 4-5 cables lying around me all the time, so I was able to verify it.

The solution was to uninstall the drivers (MTP and the RM-885 stuff) and remove winusb completely and reconnect the phone, allow it to install drivers, manually force the computer to scan and install it.

Or else hard-*******-reset.
    Hard decision, I never take that one.
    10-19-2013 01:35 PM
    Eh, I just sort-off replicated the problem. Uninstalled all the drivers to see if the laptop detects the phone.

Didn't.

Switched off the phone while keeping it connected to the laptop via a cable. Laptop's install pop-up came up to show that it was installing RM-885 bootmgr.

Works fine now.

I don't know but the MTP transfer thing is glitchy. Wish we had a proper program or app.
    10-19-2013 02:16 PM