Updating to GDR2 when phone memory filled up

Mahesh Abnave

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I am in sad/frustrating situation. I have Lumia 520. With actual total phone storage 7.23 GB with other storage taking up 5.2 GBs & System taking up 1.9 GBs. I have some MBs left now. And i have no music, video, pictures on my phone storage. Now I want install Amber update and it say free up some space.
  • Is deleting some apps only solution. Also I want to know which app is consuming more space - is there any way to know this?
  • Where apps are stored in System space or in Other space?
  • Actually I want to free up that Other space, is factory reset only approach?
  • Will factory reset delete all my costly games that I bought and also the progress I made in those games? Do I have to rebuy them?

This things is really getting worse day by day. :angry:

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, your memory is filled with ie temp data (can be removed by deleting the history )and the app packages with the app data(which is any tmp files saved by the app or its cache)

hard reset the phone will delete everything and free all the memory used except the 1.8gb of system files.

it is best if you hard rest it and then update, I did that because I think it will element errors.

hope this was helpful.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I am in sad/frustrating situation. I have Lumia 520. With actual total phone storage 7.23 GB with other storage taking up 5.2 GBs & System taking up 1.9 GBs. I have some MBs left now. And i have no music, video, pictures on my phone storage. Now I want install Amber update and it say free up some space.
  • Is deleting some apps only solution. Also I want to know which app is consuming more space - is there any way to know this?
  • Where apps are stored in System space or in Other space?
  • Actually I want to free up that Other space, is factory reset only approach?
  • Will factory reset delete all my costly games that I bought and also the progress I made in those games? Do I have to rebuy them?

This things is really getting worse day by day. :angry:

1. nope install Lumia Storage Check
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/s...eck-beta/c2adc981-83c2-4f19-8161-67149e44214c
if you don't get it from here then install sysapp pusher , then install Lumia storage check and clear temporary files. moreover you can clear temporary files also from storage check in settings.
2.app neither stored in system space nor in other space rather it stored in apps
3. still your other space not cleaned then you will factory reset but paid app will not cost you further but you will have to click on buy then it say u already paid so u can install

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you applied my solution?
1. nope install Lumia Storage Check
Lumia storage check beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)
if you don't get it from here then install sysapp pusher , then install Lumia storage check and clear temporary files. moreover you can clear temporary files also from storage check in settings.
2.app neither stored in system space nor in other space rather it stored in apps
3. still your other space not cleaned then you will factory reset but paid app will not cost you further but you will have to click on buy then it say u already paid so u can install

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
The issue with the other category in the amber update is way better now, my Lumia never goes over 800mb and when I leave the phone for sometime it actually goes down (sometimes to 350mb)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro