What Battery monitoring app are you using?

manilabeans

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Was just wondering, which battery app is the best?

Also, when I got my first Windows Phone (Lumia 925), I recall there was a lot of talk here about how battery apps are actually contributing a significant amt of battery drain. Is that still true?

(Looking for a battery app for my 1020 but I can't recall the ones I tried on my 925 before. I used to have an app that also saved usage history, along with a day to day graph)

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have used 3 or 4 and the one I'm using now is just called "battery". It is the best so far. I do believe the apps were contributing to drain and very inaccurate. If you had 15% drain it would continue to show a high battery drain until you soft reset, which would increase your battery by 20%. This app has been updated probably 3 times which has minimized any issues.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My experience with several battery apps has also been increased battery drain caused by the app. I've love to see Nokia include a battery meter or icon on the Glance screen along with notification icons when Bittersweet Shimmer is released.

engineblock

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I use Battery Sense. Sometimes when the phone is in standby mode for long time, it shows estimated life remaining to be 20 days+. Which of course is not true. The app claims that their estimation method is more accurate as it studies your usage pattern and bases its estimation on it, however, I have found Windows Phone built in calculation method to be more accurate than the apps algorithm.

I agree, a stock battery meter is a much needed thing. But it will never happen, that would annoy developers of course. But I am not surprised that battery monitor apps are one of the most battery draining apps around :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12