Some of imported contacts don't have numbers

kayakkielbasa

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have a problem guys after moving to Windows phone from Android and it's a very annoying one.
All of my contacts are stored on Gmail account. After I click 'synchronise' in the phone, every each is visible, but there're no numbers inside some of them. If I log into gmail account, they're all in place.

I read many posts and I've been trying to solve this problem by myself by creating a new account on Outlook, and importing all my contacts from CSV file there,
but now the situation seems to be even worse. Not only have I some of my contacts without numbers but also I don't have polish fonts on them, which have been replaced with question marks....

What's going on here?
I don't think it's a particular phone problem, but rather a system one.
Do You have any ideas what to do with it ?

thanks

My phone: Nokia 625, System Amber

Last edited:

kayakkielbasa

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
after many hours spent on resolving this problem I found out, that it's related to the number properties. If in Android the particular contact's number is stored as 'other' and not as 'mobile' or 'home', it will be imported to windows phone as a contact without number inside. but what now? Is there any program that could easily convert all my numbers' properties and could change them from other to home or mobile? ? ?

kayakkielbasa

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok, Microsoft listen, cause this is to be corrected in future I think, and for everyone having this issue:

All contacts where numbers were saved in Android (gingerbread, galaxy ace in my case) as 'others', under specific contact name, WON'T be synchronised to windows with it's number.
Only the contact name will be transfered.
To be able to have them back in Windows Phone, You need to export a csv file from Your gmail account, open notepad, change all words 'other' to 'home', and save. Eventually, You need to delete all contacts from gmail, and import them back from this corrected file.
that's it.
NO NEED TO CREATE ANY ADDITIONAL ACCOUNTS IN OUTLOOK, HOTMAIL AND SO ON..

all numbers are back now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes