Weird battery issue: changes percentages after power cycling

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
(I've got a couple months old Samsung ATIV S running GDR3 on developer preview on Bell in Ontario)

So yesterday around 7pm-ish, I plugged it in using a 2amp samsung charger. After a while I picked it up to put it in airplane mode to charge quicker before we went to bed. When I did though, the screen started quickly turning off and back on. Kept happening no matter what I did with it. So I unplugged it, and turned the power off. After a longtime on the "goodbye" screen, it turned off. ...to which it immediately turned itself back on. Around this time the battery was at around 40%.

Upon turning itself back on, the battery read 100%. So I unplugged it and chalked it up to some random error. A couple hours later laying in bed, despite using the phone sporadically, it still read 100%. This puzzled me, so I turned it off again. This time it stayed off until I powered it back on. It powered up and now read 16%!

I power cycled it again, and it booted back up to a normal seming 41%. I plugged it in to my charger that came with the phone, and charged it overnight. I got up at 6am today, it was showing 100%. And now after a day of normal usage, it's down to a normal 67%, and the screen has not flickered since last night.

So all seems to be back to normal, but has anyone heard of, or experience this type of issue?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I think there been threads and posts that describe this weird issue where it kept changing status on the battery then suddenly drained the battery then the next day or a few days afterward starts being normal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos